My next house will have ~10 x 12 his & her storage rooms on the main level. Nothing can be in your room that you don't want enough to make room for it. All unclaimed items will be trashed weekly on trash day without endless sorting and evaluating. That's fair, isn't it?
Swami <--- sick of shuffle, re-shuffle & repeat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I plan to move out of this house when it gets full and start new.
Or maybe a flamethrower.
Bob, when my kids #2 and #3 were 5 & 4 years old I remember thinking how much easier it would be to just burn down the house and start fresh. It was quite tempting. Kid #2 was somewhat hyperactive but this went almost unnoticed in the face of kid #3, who expressed his Joy of Autism mania all over the walls & floors & furniture & ceilings and stuff. It was quite an impressive display of destruction.
I find that I fill up the space I have, no matter how large or small it is.
Absolutely fair. I think I could probably fill a room that size with junk mail and tools and other manly type things.
See, I can maintain my stuff in a room that size, sorting and tossing things as the need for them "expires." I can do this for decades even - but I can't do it when my stuff is mixed in with other people's stuff and they never sort it, just leave it with me because it's 'safe' there.
Post a Comment