Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Bookend for Zombie



And it's in b&w, lol. That's me - sitting on top of my first snowman which was built mostly by my big brother (the guy holding me on top of the snowman) and big sister (the girl with glasses in front of my brother.) For your reference, my brother was 6'7". You can see why I think snowmen should be BIG. It's a family tradition!

(My evil sister Carole is the little girl with the snow shovel; she was probably hoping I would fall down and impale myself. The dark-haired woman on the right is my brother's future wife, they were married that June. The other little girl lived next door - or maybe across the street, I forget which.

8 comments:

Puffy said...

It's amazing to me how you function in that kind of weather. Yes, evil sister has that "look" in her eyes.

Swami said...

Snow & cold build character, Puffy. That's the official story.

Zombs said...

Wowza! That must have taken forever to melt! Did you get cold butt?

I think that is actually also a really beautiful photo.

Swami said...

I don't remember if my butt was cold or not. This was my family's last winter in Indiana. We moved to Canada that very spring.

My dad took very nice photos. He was a hard scientist kind of guy and photography was the only obvious outlet that showed his visual artistic talent.

yvonne said...

That is one big snowman. I bet it still hasn't melted. :-)

Bravie said...

Holy crap, that's a big snowman. I mad a hailman a couple of years ago and he was only about a foot and a half tall.

~Nutz said...

That is a great picture.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I love the old picture! And that IS a giant snowman.. being in AZ, we don't see them much. We built them occasionally in UT and WY, but never took pictus that I know of...