Monday, December 01, 2008

Wait. It's December!?!

1. Cyber Monday shopping.
Completed. Free shipping on everything except an order for DS where a $20 off code was a greated savings than the free shipping.

2. State of the Turkey.
Half eaten, half frozen. We have one more scheduled turkey feed tonight, then - beef tomorrow! Yay! Also, I had the audacity to serve Mr Swami a turkey dinner without gravy last night, lol. He was so confused. It's not like we're a gravy eating family - gravy is rare around here - but I usually wind up with a boatload of gravy on turkey day.

3. Middle Daughter: Cancelled our invitation to dinner again. She moved into her new apartment on Sept 19th and neither Mr Swami nor I have seen it yet.

4. Oldest Daughter: Has confided that she is developing a "exit strategy" from her marriage. Sad, but necessary. If not for grandson she would have left years ago.

5. Oldest Cat: Has decided that he needs to stand on my stomach when I watch TV. Not comfortable! Tippy Toes, a big neutered Tom, is quite the heavy-weight cat.

6. Younger Cat: Continues to want fresh parakeet for a snack. My parakeet cage looks quite unique - with chicken wire bumpers on the top and 2 sides to repel the darn attack cat.

7. Weather: The ground is white with snow. Not deep cover, but white enough to make me start feeling all Christmasy.

8. Carnage in Mumbai: Continues to boggle my mind. The Taj is an absolutely gorgeous old hotel! I've been in it, although I've never stayed there. I have also eaten in the Oberoi Hotel restuarant that was all shot up. Terrorists targeting prominent hotels just for joy of killing mass numbers of people is a very scary idea to me. Hotels are so vulnerable.

9. Why did I jump to Mumbai after deciding I felt all Christmasy? Probably because I have CNN on. Speaking of CNN I now have 2 politicians I instantly mute: GW Bush, who I have automatically muted since about 2003. I will read what he says in the paper if need be - but I will not listen to his whiney voice. New to mute-a-tude is Sarah Palin. I have zero interest in this woman, and I don't want to start a run-up for 2012 yet. *sigh* So I just mute her.

10. Hey! It's time for a white sandwich!!!

4 comments:

frodis said...

I am with you on the white sandwiches. I have had leftover turkey white meat on white toast with mayo for breakfast every day since Thursday.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house and they gave us a large amount of leftover turkey, all sliced up. Mr. Fro asked if I was going to share some with him. I said no. I was joking, but he hasn't touched the turkey and I haven't mentioned that I was joking.

Anonymous said...

1. I tried to shop yesterday, and I bought a few toys for Conner.

2. I cooked a wonderful turkey on Sunday. I decided we didn't get enough leftovers on Thursday. Plus I got an 18 pound turkey for $12.

3. Interesting. This makes me think you have three daughters. But I thought you just had three children. Which is it?

4. Sorry. But she has a plan, and that is good. Hopefully, it will be better for all involved.

5. I read "big neutered Tom" and LOL'd.

6. How about a toy bird? Or a Christmas ornament bird for fun?

7. Yesterday was somewhat mild. Then we had a huge storm around 1. Then it was icy cold. Me no likey the cold.

8. Boggles my mind as well. Two Virginians were killed, and there was a story in our paper yesterday about a couple who were there for a conference. A bullet came through their door. They are home now and okay.

9. For some reason, your number 9 is blank for me. *grin*

10. I'm all about a white sammich. My cheese is even swiss.

Seana said...

1. Hooray for shopping completed!

2. That must have been some turkey if you still have half in the freezer after what? 5 days.

3. Sorry MDD didn't come for dinner. Doesn't she owe you money or something?

4. That's too bad. Good thougts to her.

5. LOL @ tippy toes. Our cat has bad timing. She comes to sit in my lap just as I need to get up.

6. LOL @ the hunter. Mom's cat caught the budgie years ago, but didn't know what to do with it. Poor stupid budgie.

7. Yay, Christmasy!

8. Mumbai: Don't even know what to say. Such horrible people. I don't understand how you can justify that to yourself.

9. Canadian politics has been fun to watch lately, so I don't know what is going on. Did they interview Palin again?

10. Yum.

Swami said...

Boo - two daughters, one son. I can't imagine a neutered Tom :)

Seana, the middle daughter has parent issues. Really, she should move to Australia or something for a few years and get it all out of her system. She lived at home until she was 24 years old - which is really too long to feel like a dependent. (We don't give her money much, just cars lol. She has totaled 3 cars, beginning with #1 just 4 days after she got her driver's license.)

If my hunter cat were able to knock down the bird cage she would have all 4 parakeets slaughtered within minutes. She's good.