Chief Seattle should have said this.
I decided that for Christmas I would give my Evil Sister Carole a photocopy of all the letters from my mom which I have faithfully saved since the late 60s. Most were written in the 70s and 80s, mom died in 1999.
Evil Sister has always been insanely jealous of me and thought that Mom Liked Me Better. Really, she has serious issues about this. She has photo albums hidden in her bedroom (old family photos) that she will not let me look at. This is in retaliation for what she considers that time when I "tricked her" out of our childhood family colored slides.
(In reality mom gave the slides to me. I had them put onto videos in 1987, at some expense to myself, and gave copies to everyone in the family - Evil Sister, other siblings, nieces & nephews, a couple of cousins, etc. Mom always said she was so glad that she gave the slides to me because Carole had them for almost 20 years and never did anything with them but keep them in her closet.) (Almost all the slides were taken by my dad who died in 1969. Carole also has Daddy Issues, lol, which is why she wants to control the slides too.)
Anyway - do you know how freaking long it takes to remove a letter from an envelope, unfold it, lay it page by page upon the photocopier and then hit print? Way too long! Evil sister does not deserve this. And yet? I have already made a pile of copies about 1" thick so I am committed. And barely 1/3 of the way through my stack. *sob*
Will Evil Sister appreciate my gift? Or will she get mad at me for not telling her I had all these letters? I'm guessing the latter. Stupid Evil Sister!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
It takes less time if you eat cookies while you you photocopy.
Bob <---off to make cookies
That is a damn fine present. It's personal and sentimental... And it takes effort, which always makes me appreciate a gift more, I don't know about EvilSis.
Good job.
Ahhh, that's such a sweet gift. You can adopt me as your sis and get rid of Evil Sis, I would appreciate you.
I agree that is very sweet Swami. And at least you can say you did it, and you had good intentions.
I think it's wonderful you are doing this. Of course Evil Sister will stew over mom not sending her that many letters. It's just how she is.
ding-ding
Evil Sister lived about an hour's drive away from mom for most of her life, and mom actually lived with her twice, for a total of about 6 years. She we will be very jealous that I have more letters than she does.
*eats Bob's cookies*
Do the letters talk about how much your mom loved you and not evil sister? That might be a problem. :)
Swami's Evil Sister: meet Puffy's Evil Sister.
She will not appreciate them. She will be jealous and mad. She will wonder why your Mom wrote all those letters to you and not to her. She will now have more to be jealous over, once she sees, in writing, the relationship that your mother had with you, that didn't involve her.
*steals a cookie*
Jen, the letters talk about everyone in our extended family, and my mom's huge number of friends. They mention Evil Sister quite often but she is rarely the centerpiece of a letter.
And Puffy, there is a small masochistic part of me that is already wondering just how she will manage to take this all wrong, lol. She is really good at playing Poor Me and The Overlooked Martyr.
Please let us know her response.
Post a Comment