2. Creep & beep. That's how our local weatherman describes a snow-slicked rush hour. I really like this phrase!
3. Graycie the cat has declared all-out war on my parakeets, there being nothing else for her to do during the long winter's night. So now I have a massive tower of chickenwire bumpers on both sides of the cage and reaching to the ceiling. So attractive. Stupid cat!
4. Today I have my follow-up doctor's appointment with Dr BigName so I can be declared really most sincerely well. I wonder if I will get to experience the nose cam again?
5. I will get to drive to the doctor's in creep & beep snow. Yay! Although in my particular case it more like creep & cuss.
6. I may never vote absentee again. Washington County assured me that my absentee vote would be counted on election day just like all the other votes. But other more out-lying counties are still turning up ballots that were legally received, processed by the proper county official and then put, still sealed, into a box under the counter and then everybody got amnesia and didn't notice them there until cleaning day or some lame excuse like that. It's so stupid. (This is in reaction to the Coleman/Franken senate race which is still undecided.)
7. Thank you to everyone who sent me a Christmas card! I loved each and every one!
8. Now that I wrote out my paella recipe I am so craving paella, but I have to wait until the First.
9. Today I am going to put up my new Gypsy Vanner calendar. I love this calendar! (Gypsy Vanner's are a new breed of light draft horse developed in Britain. They are gorgeous little horses with huge, floaty manes & tails. Most are spectacular black & white or liver & white pintos with huge white socks on their feathered legs.) Aren't they gorgeous?

10. I missed my post-Thanksgiving white sandwiches so much that yesterday I roasted a smallish turkey just to get a bunch of nice sliced real turkey meat. I detest deli sliced turkey. I'm not sure what they do to it during processing, but it is just a shadow of real turkey meat.
Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:
Very pretty pony.
I will definitely have to remember "creep and beep."
Another life ago, "my apartment" had a snake which my cat declared war on. I have a feeling of what you're going through.
I've been wondering about your health. Let us know what the doctor says.
Go Franken!
"Light draft horse?" Does this have anything to do with beer?
If we go elsewhere for Thanksgiving, we always make a turkey the following day, for our leftovers. Enjoy!
Happy New Year!
1. It is for you.
2. What is this snow stuff of which you speak? Nevermind, I don't want to know.
3. Poor Birdies.
4. Well?
5. I can only imagine.
6. Wait, McCain still has a chance?
7. *smooch* I expect it to be up next year too. And thank goodness you didn't take Tom's name.
8. One more day. I am craving chocolate right now.
9. Very pretty.
10. Holds out hand.
Boo said: Wait, McCain still has a chance?
...and Swami runs from her own blog, screaming.
"Creep and Beep"... I like that one! I think I'll use it the next time I'm running late for work because of the weather and have to page my boss.
Post a Comment