Thursday, December 04, 2008

I Cheat At Cards.

Do you?

I don't cheat at poker and hearts and solitaire and stuff. I cheat at Christams cards.

You know how so many people, including people who are me, send out their cards so late that they get there on the 24th or later? Well I like to use cards as part of my holiday decor. I put cards on the grapevine wreath on my front door. I use them to frame the doors in the hallway. I just like pretty cards. So I save last years cards and use them starting in early December. My middle DD thinks this is really creepy cheating. I think it is quite reasonable. Which is it?

Also, some very special cards become perennial favs and get hung up every year!

So I cheat at cards - and I'm not sorry.

6 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I may not send out cards this year. With school, it's just not in the cards for me this year. :-)

I keep mine from the last year & go through them during the holidays before the new batch starts arriving.

Bravie said...

Mom?

Swami said...

Bravie! Baby!!!

Seana said...

While I don't keep my cards, I can see how it would be nice to start the season off with the little boost that comes from knowing that people were thinking of you, even if it was last year.

Anonymous said...

I don't keep my cards. I sometimes keep a card throughout the year for a particular reason.

I guess there is one thing I do that is cheating. I have pretty much a "set" list now of who I send to. There are some people who only get a card if they send me one.

Breezy said...

I keep my cards, every single year. I don't put them back up, but I have saved them all. Notice the saved? This year DD and I took some punches to all those saved cards and made tags and inchies out of them. So they're getting recycled!