It's a little Holiday Party!
I didn't sign up for the cookie exchange this year. So I decided to pass out cookies in my blog today. These are some of the best cookies I have never made!!! Really delicious. See, every year I cut about 14 exotic cookie recipes from the Taste section of my newspaper. Most of them I never make but I am sure they would be delicious These are my never-baked favs:
Cardamom Cookies (mmm - cardamom)
Ricotta Cheese Cookies (a superiorly tender sugar cookie)
Roll-0ut Cookies (extra quick & easy)
Dot's Blondies with Chocolate Chips (bar cookies - blonde fudge w choco chips!)
Gold Mine Nuggets (with crushed pineapple) (mmm - pineapple)
This is so much easier than baking. What are you bringing to my party?
Also, my mom used to make a blonde fudge called spinochie (or something like that.) I can never find a spelling for spinocche that is googleable. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ricotta Cheese Cookies?
*thud*
Please sign up for the cookie exchange next year, and I will make sure you get me in the draw.
I love Ricotta Cheese. Just ask Kim.
Thank-you!!
*gobbles blondies*
Oh, how I love blondies.
I'll bring chips and dip. My big junk food weakness is plain ripple chips with sour cream dip made with Knorr Cream of Leek soup. Don't go "ew" until you try it. So much better than onion.
I made cookies tonight after work. At work you have to bring some type of treat in to share on your birthday. I made chocolate/butterscotch chip cookies.
Dave is already into them so I hope I have enough to take to work tomorrow and share here at your party.
Boo, do you really love ricotta cheese or are you speaking ironically?
Seana, I used to make Knorr's cream of leek soup a lot so I know how good it is. I just never tried making dip with it. I am not particularly fond of the standard onion soup dip so maybe I will give it a try.
You and Tom can share a bag of chips - he likes ripples too. Ripples are one of the few forms of potato chip that I am not thrilled about.
Happy Birthday Lights!
Penuche, Swami. Penuche.
Boo really, really does like ricotta. Like "eat a giant spoonful from the carton" love.
I am bringing my peanut butter balls (pb, rice krispies, marshmallow creme rolled and dipped in almond bark). Hope someone brings the boozed up nog.
OH, Swami: You remember CHCH? It was bought out by CanWest Global a while ago. They're "restructuring", so Connie Smith got the axe last week. Today, Dan McLean is "retiring", largely because they can't agree on a contract. Between the 2 of them, I think they had 60 years or so at CH. This is sad.
Also, Norm Marshall passed on recently year. I remember him from my days working at the golf course, but everyone else seems to have known he was a newscaster.
I brought milk. You can't have cookies without milk.
I will bring Maraschino cherry bars.. they are my fave - haven't made them yet this year.. trying to keep away from those sweet fattening things! I'm making chocolate zucchini bread to give to friends and neighbors.
My cookies are a butter/flour base, with eggs/sugar/cherries/walnut mixture baked on top. Then ice with frosting made with some of the cherry juice. They are my reminder of my childhood and my mom!
Post a Comment