Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Because I am lazy today

Well, lazy AND procrastinating about everything Christmas. Because of that I am going to post a quiz I put up somewhere else I go. Hopefully it hasn't been over at Over There - I'd hate to bore you with something you've been looking at and waiting to disappear off the front page.

I am procrastinating because we have brought all the Christmas boxes up from the basement - and I want to edit 15 boxes and 2 bags down to about 6 boxes. How will I ever do that?

The Christmas Quiz:

1. The real, historic St Nicholas was born in what modern-day country?
A. Israel
B. Pakistan
C. Iraq
D. Turkey

2. Who narrated the classic 1966 TV special "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"?A. Burl Ives
B. Charlton Heston
C. Boris Karloff
D. Thurl Ravenscraft

3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was created as a promotion for what department store?A. JC Penney
B. Montgomery Ward
C. Macy's
D. Nordstrom

4. In the 1965 TV special "A Charlie Brown Christmas" who builds a gray snowman?
A. Charlie Brown
B. Linus
C. Pigpen
D. Snoopy

5. What was the name of the magician with the magic hat in the 1969 TV special "Frosty the Snowman"?A. Black Bart
B. Black Peter
C. Professor Finkle
D. Professor Hinkle

6. In "The Twelve Days of Christmas" there are how many drummers drumming?A. six
B. eight
C. ten
D. twelve

7. In what country are outdoor barbeques a traditional part of Christmas festivities?
A. Mexico
B. Australia
C. China
D Germany

8. In what year was Santa's wife, Mrs. Claus, first introduced to the world?A. 1889
B. 1902
C. 1929
D. 1935

9. Eggnog was first consumed in what U.S. city?
A. Jamestown, Virginia
B. Provincetown Massachusetts
C. Boston Massachusetts
D. New York, New York

10. In the classic 1964 TV special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", what did Hermey the elf want to be?A. a psychologist
B a magician
C. a dentist
D Santa Claus

5 comments:

frodis said...

Fun! Okay, giving it a go. . .

1. I'm going to say Turkey. I think he was Greek, so that closest to modern day Turkey.

We celebrate St. Nicholas' Day (December 6th) by hanging stockings on the night of the 5th and putting our wish list letters inside. St. Nick takes the letters and leaves some goodies in the stockings. Lauren actually understood what was going on this year, and she has been carrying the little kitty that was peeking out of the top of her stocking around with her ever since Saturday.

2. Boris Karloff.

3. Macy's?

4. Pigpen.

5. Ummm. Professor Finkle?

6. Eight? (Now I'm humming.)

7. Australia.

8. 1935?

9. Boston?

10. A dentist!

Zombs said...

Ok does anyone like egg nog? I actually like the flavor and can have a few sips but the consistency kind of does me in with anymore. I love egg nog ice cream too.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! I know one!

Anonymous said...

I think Eight maids were milking. Oh Cod, what if I'm wrong. Then I won't know any, and I'll be a Christmas Idiot.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo. It is confirmed that I know one.