1 smallish yellow onion
1 huge clove of garlic
1 medium carrot
1/4 of a green bell pepper
1/2 of a medium zucchini
1 rib of celery
1/2 cup of shredded deli chicken (original recipe, skin removed)
1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
1 tbs of sesame oil
a little Chinese 5-spice seasoning
a little dash of soy sauce
It was delish :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm hungry.
I am on a carrot kick lately. I've been eating them dipped in blue cheese dressing. I ate an entire 3 pound bag this week and plan to buy another one at the store today.
I love Chinese 5-spice seasoning. And fresh ginger.
What's a rib of celery? A stalk?
I ended up buying an 8 pound bag of carrots.
I also bought a whole . . . thing. . . of celery. What's a whole thing of celery called? A head of celery?
I think it's a bunch of celery. What's a lot of carrots called?
I found this online:
Note: Most people call a rib of celery a stalk. But this is incorrect, according to the people who care about this type of thing. Really, a stalk of celery consists of a bunch of individual ribs. The ribs are then separated for use in recipes.
Then we get into celery hearts...
A gaggle of carrots.
I think it's a concordance of carrots.
But with celery, it's all attached to one root stem, so isn't there a name for that? I always imagined that a "bunch" was a lot of loose items put-together.
Post a Comment