Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm Getting A Pony!!!

I have always wanted a pony! Ever since I was a little girl. So Mr Swami and I have decided to pool the dregs of our 401ks and get a pony! I found one on Craigslist really cheap because her owner can no longer afford feed for her.

This is my new pony:


This is her description:
Date: 2008-10-16, 12:49PM CDT
I have had my pony Aries for about 7 years now and she is about 10 years old. Very sweet and lovable pony. I dont have the time to ride her, which I would love for her to be ridden. She is ridable but hasnt been ridden in a long time. I bought her from a childrens safety camp with a baby, but I sold him a while ago. I want her to go to a good home and I know the prices of horses has gone down so much because they cost to much to feed and there isnt really a market out there for them at the moment, So im asking a rehoming fee of $350 or best offer. Money really doesnt matter I just want her to go to a good home. Thanks! Email if you have any other questions!
-Erin


I'm a little leery of the transaction because of Erin's buying & then selling that baby - but sometimes it doesn't pay to ask too many questions on a Craigslist listing.

Now Mr Swami and I can enjoy our retirement years giving eachother pony rides. I can't wait! And if things get really really bad for us financially, I have heard that pony is very tasty. So it's win/win.

13 comments:

Tummy said...

Lol Swami - We have two horses, mine is 23 and is getting arthritis in his foreleg pretty bad and I fear this may be his last winter. I love that big goof. It's been a long time since I've not had a horse but I'm not sure I will get one after Maverick is gone. Enjoy Aries :)

Jen said...

This all sounds like code. What with all the talk of being ridden and "giving each other pony rides."
Mmmhmmm. I know how Swami's mind works.

I thought it was illegal to sell animals on craigslist. It is on the Cleveland one, at least.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Woo hoo ! A pony! Congrats Swami!

I think my kids would like to visit your house!

Puffy said...

Are you going to put your hair into pony tails, too?

Swami said...

Jen may have been gone for a while, but she still Knows Her Code, lol.

Aries will be my imaginary pony. She will be perfect in every way.

We can "rehome" pets on our Craigslist. There are various rules about it and many vigilantes who police the site and warn about the dangers of giving your precious pet to total strangers. I like the site. It's where I got my tortoises and my parakeets. The money which exchanges hands is called a "rehoming fee' not a "price." Same thing - but different enough I guess.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Jealous!

Though I have to admit, I kept reading your post and looking the punchline.

Swami said...

Sometimes the punchline is merely implied. I'm obscure/stupid that way...

*puts hair into pony tails*

Aislinn Sirk said...

So just so I'm clear..

There is an actual physical pony that you will physically, actually have in your yard?

Swami said...

I must be way more obscure than I ever thought! This post is a wry commentary on the current financial crisis and the current state of our 401Ks. Trust me, if Mr Swami and I only had $350 after pooling our 401 Ks we would not be buying a pony. Also? I would never, ever, ever eat a pet pony as I allude to in the last sentence. Even if I was flat broke.

So in summary, Aries is real Welsh Pony mare, currently available on our Craigslist. I just thought it was a nice pic to illustrate my ironic post. Plus I liked the description where Erin says she "bought her from a childrens safety camp with a baby." Lol - not a very 'safe' childrens safety camp.

mtw said...

LOL. Well, I didn't figure your 401k's were only worth $350. I thought that part was a joke. But I thought the "getting a pony" part was real. I've never heard of a "children's safety camp" so I glossed over that and thought the woman had gotten an adult pony and baby pony, then sold the baby pony.

So put me in the camp of thinking you were cracking jokes but, also, really getting a pony!

yvonne said...

I'm very confused.

:-)

lights said...

*snort* Swami funny.

Swami said...

I wish I had a real pony.
I wish I could write with greater clarity, lol.