Cooking meat.
My wonderful Maytag Wide-by-Side refrigerator had a condenser malfunction that was too expensive to be worth repairing. So we had to buy a new fridge. Buying appliances is not something Mr Swami and I do well together. I like to go into stores, look at stuff, kick the tires, then buy something that seems suitable. Mr. Swami researches for hours on the internet, prints off pages and pages of stats and personal testimony, then calls stores and interrogates whichever poor, unsuspecting clerk takes his call. Only then is he willing to actually set foot into a store. So it took us a few days to finally buy a new fridge - which won't be here until next Tuesday. *groans* I hate living out of coolers!
We wanted to stay under $2,000 for our new fridge and we wound up with a Samsung of all things! Two french doors on top and the freezer on the bottom.

We bought it in black, since our other appliances are black and I don't like stainless steel.

I didn't even know Samsung made refrigerators! But I suppose it makes sense that as appliances become more and more about their electronic components that companies with a strong electronic background can add stuff like major appliances to their product line. Anyway - this fridge looks good and the doors, drawers and controls just feel good. I love that you can set an actual, digital temperature for your freezer and fridge - not just that stupid rheostat slide/dial thing. J.D. Powers gave this Samsung fridge the highest rating in consumer satisfaction - so both Mr. Swami and I are happy!
Isn't it purty?

8 comments:
This is the type of fridge that I wanted 10 years ago when we moved in to our house.. but "someone" talked me out of it.. grrr. Still want one.. I will live vicariously thru yours, okay?
Ack-don't tell me that about the wide by side (ours is black, too!). So far it's been our best performing appliance.
I'm not sold on the bottom freezer concept, although with an ice maker on top, it makes it easier for me to fathom. I'm curious to know hear your reviews compared to the wide-by-side.
Oooh, that IS a very pretty appliance! Make sure you hook up the icemaker line correctly so that it doesn't start leaking under your floors in six years!
After our Wide-by-Side died, Mr Swami and I belatedly figured out that we whould have had our fridge plugged into a surge protector. We live way out on the end of a long power spur and get killer power surges regularly. Everything else electronic we own is plugged into a surge protector - but somehow we never thought of that for our fridge! *wacks forhead* I loved my Wide-by-Side and didn't want a new fridge at all!
The bottom freezer is actually designed to be very functional - it's not just a gaping hole.
*covet*
I really want a new fridge. I don't like our fridge that came with the house. We were going to use our economic stimulus check for a new one but then Mr. Fro had emergency big car repairs, so there went that idea.
All of my appliances are black, too.
I want one of those also. Does the freezer door tilt out? I can't remember who's does, but I like that tilting door action feature :)
The freezer has a lower compartment with a sliding divider and a little shelf in front where you can place very small items. Over that (but still inside the main freezer compartment) is a large drawer that slides open or shut independently of the lower compartment. I thought this configuration looked really good at providing accessibility which was my big worry with a bottom-level freezer. Door does not tilt.
I.Want.Your.Fridge.
Now.
Post a Comment