Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stolen From Mom2bjm

Well, not really stolen but I like wedding stories and I found this on her blog.

1. WHAT DATE IS YOUR ANNIVERSARY? February 14th!

2. WHERE DID YOU GET MARRIED? The First Unitarian Society, Minneapolis MN.

3. WHO PROPOSED AND HOW? Mr. Swami performed the World's Most Unromantic Proposal Ever. "Well, I guess we should get married," he said while laying on my sofa. I don't know why he didn't make a Grand Gesture because mostly he's pretty good at that, but you take what you get I guess. And I was sofa king happy, lol.

4. HOW LONG WERE YOU ENGAGED? We went out for about a year and were engaged for 7 months after that.

5. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF YOUR WEDDING DAY? (AND IT CAN'T BE YOUR HUSBAND) . But that was my favorite part! Okay, my next favorite part was the reception. Only about 50 people - all good friends and just immediate family. We didn't invite less close relatives. I had the best time.

6. WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IF YOU COULD? I would have hired a professional photographer. I totally mis-estimated how few photos the people attending would take, and how few of those they would even send to us. (I don't think anyone ever sent us a photo they snapped.) So I have almost no photos of the actual wedding or reception. I also had no idea how much I would want to have photos like that to keep forever and enjoy in future years!

8. REMEMBER ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT YOUR WEDDING CEREMONY? It was over too quickly, like in 5 minutes.

9. WHERE YOU CLEAN OR MESSY WHEN YOU CUT YOUR CAKE? Oh, clean. That whole 'shove your cake into your sweetheart's face' thing was pretty unheard of in the midwest of 1981.

10. WHERE DID YOU GO ON YOUR HONEYMOON? Originally we were going to go to Mexico but then we wound up buying a hugely expensive house 2 blocks from The Lake of the Isles and had to cut back. So we went to Duluth MN planning to cross country ski but MN had a February heat wave and all the snow melted. Instead of skiing we went antique hunting for stuff for our new house. Our house was a huge 3 story Victorian in one of Minneapolis' premiere neighborhoods. We lived 3 blocks from Walter Freaking Mondale!

Amy said: Anyone else who is willing to share, consider yourself tagged...
But I am going to tag Puffy, Kim and Lightz. I'd tag Glowie but I "attended" her wedding on my computer :)

6 comments:

Puffy said...

You have a lot of similarites to my wedding. I'll go post mine on my blog.

kim (weltek) said...

Heh, my story of engagement will be similar to yours. :-)

I think it's sweet you and Tom had a relatively short courtship and knew it was right. Proof again you two are a fabulous couple.

lights said...

*runs off to make blog entry for Swami*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yeah! Thanks for Playing! Glad Kim noticed there was no # 7 ! I'll have to go back to my niece Kaja's blog to see if SHE had # 7!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Found it! $# 7 was what were your wedding colors?

Swami said...

Colors?

Yes, I wore white even though it was my second marriage.

I also had red roses, so I guess red and white were my colors.