Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Friday the 13th!

May the Bluebird of Luckiness sit on your shoulder all day and deflect all badness from you.

I am home alone today. Mr Swami and the DS are up north and DD is at her BF's. So I am slowly going mad. So far all I have done is pay some bills and cook me some turkey bacon for breakfast.

Today I am going to the Post Office, dropping off some stuff my DD forgot at her BF's moms house and going to Trader Joe's. Maybe I will rent a DVD or something too. I have no idea what to rent but I'm sure I'll find something fun on the New Releases rack.

6 comments:

frodis said...

I read "deflect" as "defect" and my brain translated that as a form of "defecate" and I thought you were wishing that a bird would poop on my shoulder. Which would be a very Friday the 13th kind of bad luck incident, indeed.

Want to help me clean out my bookshelves and decide what to keep and what to discard?

Swami said...

You would discard a book!
GASP!!!
*rethinks the bird poop scenario*

Unless you mean clear out knick knacks and stuff, in which case I'm your gal. These are the brutal decisions I am forced to make regularly. I'll take any unwanted turtles or Buddhas, please.

Silvergirl said...

Ha! I read badness as baldness, so I need my glasses changed.

You collect turtles?

We rented King of California from Red Box, and it was okay. I need to start up Netflix again. I've been spending too much money on movie rentals lately.

Anonymous said...

Did you survive?

Swami said...

I survived, but I was glad to get Mr. Swami back.

I wound up renting Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. It was such a dark story but I really enjoyed it. I think it would have been way better on the big screen, but I never made it to the theater in time.

I have a turtle collection that grew too big. Originally it was going to be a private collection; that is, only stuff I selected. When I went somewhere I would buy a small turtle--preferably of a natural material like stone, coal, iron, wood. etc.--as my souvenier. The problem with a private collection is that once you have 3 or 5 items people notice them and decided "Hey - there's a little something I can get for her when I have to get her something!" So now I have about 30 turtles, some of them nothing I would ever pick myself. Like smirking ceramic fantasies and Hear No Evil / See No Evil / Speak No Evil groupings. If I ever get my photo editing program installed on this new computer I should post photos of some of my collections.

MM said...

I was too busy to enjoy Friday the 13th. :(

I *am* glad you didn't get pooped on, though. :P