Thursday, July 19, 2007

Secrets

I got up early today and discovered that Tom has a secret life. He has started to skip his morning bowl of granola and buy a "fruited mini-baguette" from a bakery in Bayport! He is eating warm, fresh pastries in the morning!

Needless to say, I am shocked and jealous. Since I don't commute I have no opportunity to pick up warm-from-the-oven bakery goods. I eat what's around. Today for breakfast I had 6 Nabisco Premium Multi-Grain Saltines. Even in All Caps it still doesn't compare to a warm, fruited mini-baguette - does it? *moment of seething jealousy*

So this is your assignment, fellow bloggers: discover and reveal a secret about someone who is dear to you. Something they think they are getting away with, but now you know!

*hopes Kim has fruited mini-baguettes today*

10 comments:

Bravie said...

Gah!!! I don't know if I want to know the secret life of bees. :)

Zombs said...

I caught my dog licking the bathroom floor!

kim (weltek) said...

Ooops, sorry. Maybe tomorrow we'll have pastries.

Hmmm, I'll have to do some sleuthing...

I'd be very puppydogeyes-sad if Chris was having breakfast pastries without me.

mtw said...

LOL. You all are MY secret life! Do I need to have secret pastries too?

Swami said...

Zombie - ew. And yet? With young children ever so practical.

Anonymous said...

My neighbor friend and I found out that another neighbor has her house cleaned professionally twice a month. She doesn't work, and her kids are not home. She's embarrassed that she doesn't clean her own house. And she lied about how often she has it cleaned, which is how we found out.

kim (weltek) said...

Kind of like my SIL that works from home (in the shed outside their single wide) has a housecleaner come in once/week. Yet, she doesn't get out of bed til 9 a.m. on a normal day.

Sigh. Where did I go wrong? 9 a.m. AND a housekeeper?

Swami said...

Boo & Kim: Uh-oh. I work from home and have a house cleaner come once every two weeks. She deep cleans the bathrooms, kitchen, hallways and master bedroom. I am not embarrassed about it - just happy!

And I rarely sleep past 7 am, lol. But I could!!!

Swami said...

Oh yeah - I forgot.

On the pastry front, Tom decided that today he would bring in fruited mini-baguettes and other pastries for the folks in his office. I told him he had better save one and bring it home for me, dammit!

kim (weltek) said...

If Tom is as smart as I think he is, he'll make sure one is saved for you.

I tell ya, Swami, I just haven't figured out where I went so wrong with this housekeeper thing.