Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How To Drive Your DD Crazy

Make her dismantle all the electronic stuff associated with the main TV and then reinstall it in a bigger cabinet. It's kind of a Death by Cable thing. So damn many cables behind that TV! We have 4 DISH cables coming up through the floor (from basement) for our dual receiver. Then there's the DVD player, the VHS player, 2 different older Nintendos, an X box, a Game Cube, another game thing belonging to her BF that I forget what it's called, and the stereo sound system for it all. Plus the phone line hook-up for the dual receiver. Where did all this stuff come from!?! And all the cables had to be carefully threaded through the little gaps and/or holes in the back of the 3 shelves, which involved a lot of laying on the floor and trying not to swear in front of mom.

(Okay, my son with autism loves his older games so we still have the old (12-bit?) Nintendo and Mario is still looking for his princess. That's my excuse. But I like original Mario.)

What toys do you have cabled up?

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

That would drive me crazy, too. I'm not very patient with all that careful dismantling and reinstallation stuff. I cringe when DH buys something new for the tv system.

mtw said...

LOL. I have so many things hooked up! Maybe not as many as you, but pretty close.

Let's see, there's the TV and the Tivo,with two coax lines coming in for the cable. And then there's the DVD recorder, with lines from the Tivo to the recorder and the recorder to the TV. And then there's the wireless headphones which connect to the TV.

I guess that's not so bad. I used to have a VCR too, and game system (ages ago).

frodis said...

We have a very wired house. Very.

My TV entertainment center is actually fairly tame, though. We have the TV, the Cable box/DVR, Tuner (for the surround sound) a DVD player, a Game Cube and a Mac Mini. (We use the Mac as a DVD player and for playing downloaded TV shows and music on the big TV.)

We have speakers in the living room and dining room that are hooked back to the tuner in the TV area.

I have a camera outside trained on the front door, so that I can flip to channel 125 on any TV and see who is ringing my doorbell.

The rest of my house is wired for cable and internet - there are two cable ports and two internet/phone ports in every room, including the bathrooms. It all comes back to a big flashing, humming network panel in my utility room.

It's very geeky.

momma said...

LOL! The living room has the TV/VCR Combo, Dish receiver, stereo, surround sound system, and DVD player. It used to have the new-fake Atari system attached too.

Our bedroom has a TV and Dish receiver.

Rotten1 has a TV, DVD Player, VHS player, and PS2 system.

Rotten2 has a TV/VCR combo, DVD player, Playstation1, and Dora game thingie.

Swami said...

I want to live with Frodis! Or, I want the Fros to wire my house for me. Either one would do.

Debcapsfan said...

I have the Dish, and the DVD/ VCR recorder. But I'm lazy, and I don't have the cable to actually make it record, just play. :)

lights said...

That is Dave's department. At the cottage I actually have written instructions on how to work the DVD and VCR. And I have to consult them every time I want to watch one.

We have the dish, VCR, DVD, TV, Receiver and speakers all hooked up together. I have no idea how it all works.