Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Do They 'Remember' You?

Do you ever click that "remember me" box for websites you go to frequently? I never do. It feels like leaving a door unlocked to my house or something. Maybe because I share this computer with Tom and sometimes my DD? Do you use the same passwords for different sites? Do you have any screen names with 69 in them? lol...


Swami's work & play place.

12 comments:

Schnookie said...

I never click the "remember me" box. I'm always afraid I'll get spammed.

I use the same password for most things unless it requires a specific amount of letters & numbers.

LOL. I definitely don't have any screen names with 69 in them. I think Nookie is sufficient :-)

Schnookie said...

Oops forgot to mention that your work space is nice. Looks like you have a lot of natural light in the room.

kim (weltek) said...

OOoh, you have a very nice desk space.

I rarely click the remember me box. I agree, it feels so "open." Even on SB I am afraid Chris will try & be funny and post as me. Frankly, I fear what he'd write.

Bravie said...

I click the remember me box just for RTVW and Blogger. Otherwise, no.
I use the same word in all of my passwords. But I add different numbers to the beginning and the end. There are a few exceptions. Like RTVW. Which is why I do the remember me thing.
No user names or passwords with 69 in it.

Swami said...

RTVW was the first place I ever registered a name. A year or so later, when I first tried to register somewhere else I remember being astonished that there were fake Swamis out there! Every other site I tried to register on as Swami said "name already taken". All kinds of variations on Swami were already taken too: Swami69, iamswami, iamswami69, meswami, etc. I was quite astonished how many people wanted to be me, lol.

On Blogger I am actually swamithefirst which was the first variation on Swami that Blogger would give me.

I try to use different passwords for all my sites, but I do have a theme, so to speak, that I follow. And my passwords usually combine letters & numbers.

Glowie said...

I don't usually click the remember me box. I think the only place I do it is RTVW. I don't get dirty messages anymore that I don't want anybody else to see. :) Oh! and rockband. I think I ask Rockband to remember me.

I don't have "69" in any of my screen names. *giggle*

oh. but I don't ever click it here at work. Not ever.

Nice work space!

Seana said...

I don't click "Remember Me" either. I wipe cookies periodically anyway, so there wouldn't be much point.

Blogger knows me as see-anna, because "Seana" was taken.

There are no 69s in my names or passwords.

I like your workspace too.

Bravie said...

I clear my cookies once a week. So I guess it really doesn't make sense to click the remember me button. LOL

mm said...

Carey's comment totally sounded like code to me. *grin*

Nice workspace, Swami!

Puffy said...

Whose picture is on your monitor?

Swami said...

Puffy, I'm not telling and you can't make me.

Ow! Ow! Okay, it's my avatar in another place.

Anonymous said...

I never click it either. I used to use the same passwords, and I usually do unless they throw me a curve like putting a number in there. Then I can never remember the damn thing.

No 69.