Monday, October 30, 2006

Yoo-hoo! I’m back!

I took a quick look at a few blogs last night and determined that the Zombie baby arrived. Hooray! The Survey blankie arrived – hooray! The birthday bash is taking/took place – yay! Coco’s boobs are rebelling – uh, huh?

We had a great vacation! In brief…

The King Tut exhibit is spectacular! I love the Amarna art style and I was blown away by some of the figures on display. I almost blew $500 myself on a perfect, gilded, winged Isis (even Tom was sold) but managed to restrain myself in time. Reality & all that. The Tut exhibit was fairly crowded, and took about 2 hours to see properly. The Field Museum’s regular Ancient Egypt artifacts are also pretty darn nice. And their Tibet stuff. It's a nice museum.

We had a lovely visit with relatives in Indiana & Wisconsin. Originally, we were going to drive up the coast of Lake Michigan to Milwaukee and then head back. Instead we wound up spending a couple of days in Lake Geneva. While there I suddenly realized that I was almost in Weltek territory. Isn’t that near you, Kim? I felt cosmically close or something. In fact, at dinner on Wednesday I had this weird feeling that you were in the restaurant too! Houlihan’s? I found 2 women who might be you and almost walked up to them (both at full tables) to say “Hello, are you Weltek?” But then one table started to sing Happy Birthday to someone so I didn’t go to either table. I need to get your phone number or something so if I accidently wind up close by I can at least give you a call to see if you're available!

Geneva Lake was a cute little town and the weather Wednesday was perfect so we took the 2-hour boat tour past all the mansions. Supposedly, Geneva Lake is Newport West - and there were some darn nice houses on the lake!

Also at this time I would like to apologize to the people of Wisconsin for the bit of buttery buggery on the balcony of the Mill Creek Inn. I blame the Bailey’s.

And now I’m off to read bloggy things!

10 comments:

Aislinn Sirk said...

Buttery buggery.

*cover ears and runs away*

Puffy said...

*gives Swami Vulcan greeting*

kim (weltek) said...

Sounds like a really nice time (aside from the buttery buggery in the back of the hotel)! I like Lake Geneva. Very relaxing town. It's about an hour from Madison & 2 hours from Spring Green. I will absolutely send you my number so if you ever are close, you can call. I'm convinced someday I'll be near you, as I've been wanting to head to the Stillwater area when visiting my in-laws in Spooner, WI some weekend.

mm said...

Umm, ok, I'll bite. WTH is buttery buggery? I can't seem to grasp it.

But! I am so glad you had a good time, and are back with us now!

*SMOOCH*

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm so glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

glad you are back and had a wonderful trip.

Coco said...

Bwahahaha.. buttery buggery.

Glad you're home.

Swami said...

MM, buggery is a sexual activity requiring good lubrication - in this case butter. Ever see Last Tango in Paris? Brando at his best, and buttery buggery too.

Jen said...

LOL.

Welcome back, swami!

mm said...

So you used butter as lube? Why am I drawing a big blank? I feel so unsmutty right now.