Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crackers & Cheese

This is my new preferred breakfast. Eight 1 & 1/4 inch squares of Premium Multi-Grain crackers, one slice of Kraft individually wrapped American Cheese, folded twice to make four squares for four little sandwiches. Coffee. Simple perfection I tellya, and no dirty dishes!

Of course, I could have had cake. Tom and I had leftover cake for breakfast yesterday. He had cake for breakfast again today but I went for my crackers & cheese perfection. Not that I have given up on the cake - oh no! Not me. What could be a better lunch than leftover Boston Dessert Cake?

16 comments:

Bravie said...

Mmmmmm, I want cake. *steals Swami's cake and runs*

Coco said...

I love crackers and cheese. However, what you are using is commonly called "flabby cheese" in our family parlance. It may or may not actually be cheese.

My lunch is a leftover pizza slice (mushroom and bacon), a Diet Coke, a bag of classic Lays, and a Hershey bar. Delectable, no?

Coco said...

Oh, and I loooove the new blog title.

kim (weltek) said...

I love the new title, too. :-)

Good call on the breakfast of champions.

And I haven't had Boston Cream Pie in AGES! Yum!

Anonymous said...

gross

Schnookie said...

I love cheese and crackers. Boston dessert cake? Is that like the boston cream pie? If so, I'd love a piece.

Swami said...

Boston Cream Cake is a take on Boston Cream Pie. There is no whipped cream involved, just layers of super-moist chocolate & yellow cake held together with thin layers of lemony custard and the top barely frosted with really really rich chocolate glaze, like the stuff that covers the best ice cream bars. It's not a torte, it's not a cake, it's not a pie - but it's damn good!

Swami said...

Coco, I agree that stuff may or may not be actually, morally, cheese. But it is comfort food to me because I ate it as a kid. Plus you don't have to get a knife dirty cutting it. Just fold it into cracker-sized portions.

*offers Carey another slice of cake*

And the Russian guests brought 2 bars of Russian chocolate, which is super yummy! Very dark and not too sweet. I am only bummed that I can't read the label. It's all Cyrillic so I have no idea what it is even called!

Glowie said...

mmm... crackers and cheese. That sounds yummy. For dinner I think I will have a meatloaf sammich and a piece of Reese's peanut butter cheesecake. :)

Aislinn Sirk said...

Breakfats=tea or coffee

kim (weltek) said...

The cake and pie are the same thing by definition. Although, I've never heard of a lemon filling for it, just vanilla custard.

kim (weltek) said...

Origin of Boston Cream Pie:
http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/special/2000/diner/pie.html

Schnookie said...

I just ate a bostom cream doughnut. :-)

Zombs said...

I had one of those Entenmens holiday cupcakes. They are yummy.

I find I like cucumbers for breakfast a lot now. Very light and refreshing.

lights said...

Lately my "breakfast" has consisted of a handful of Cheez Nip crackers. I think that's the lazy lights version of your breaky. *grin*

Have I told you lately that I love you, Swami?

Bravie said...

Michelle had a package of something on the counter last night. It looked like a big bag of Reese's peanut butter cups to me. I went over to steal some and found out it was a bag of Orange scented Grab-its. Those dusting things. Not so tasty.