Thursday, June 01, 2006

My ABC Meme

A is for Age – which is older than I want. Why start with such a hard question?
B is for Booze – Brandy Manhattan, straight-up
C is for Career – (1) Laboratory technician in medical research lab, (2) Newspaper column (3) Accountant. My favorite job was the medical research one, which I did for about 15 years. Then I had 2 kids 15 months apart & needed something very part time, thus the writing. I did some on-line editing for WestLaw during this period also. Since I needed to be home for my son with autism I needed an at-home career so Tom & I started a business where we do the bills & payroll & various financial stuff for several local entities.
D is for Dad’s name – Paul
E is for Essential Item to bring to a Party – My Tom!
F is for Favorite Songs at the Moment – I’ve been listening to Sirius oldies lately and rediscovering the songs of my youth. Today my favorite song is the 59th St Bridge Song
G is for Goof off thing to do – Read. I love to read!
H is for Hometown – Grimsby
I is for Instrument you play - I have issues with this instrument thing. I’m the youngest child so my older siblings all had lessons for stuff – piano, guitar, accordion (waves to Nookie), flute, etc. My dad bought all the instruments and my siblings all quit their instrument after a year or two. So I was not allowed to take anything because “I would just quit anyway.” So unfair! And since my mom liked an uncluttered house, all the instruments were sold or given away soon after my sibling quit then – even the piano. It was so not fair!
J is for Jam or Jelly you like – Raspberry, Limecurd
K is for Kids – 2 daughters, one son
L is for Living arrangement - House in the woods
M is for Mom’s name – Elizabeth
N is for Names of best friends – Aren’t you all here? Also, Nancy, Deb
O is for overnight hospital stays -3 childbirths, gall bladder out.
P is for Phobias – Being trapped by a malevolent stranger on a boat. ‘Dome’ houses – they give me the creeps
Q is for Quote you like – I can’t remember, lol
R is for Relationship that lasted longest - Current one...25 years
S is for Siblings - 2 older sisters, one older brother who died too young in 1989.
T is for Texas, Ever been? – No
U is for Unique trait – Can’t think of one
V is for Vegetable you love – Cauliflower
W is for Worst traits – Procrastination
X - is for X-Rays you’ve had – regular teeth ones, dislocated elbow, gall-bladder series, that time I swallowed a screw
Y is for Yummy food you make – Curries, baby
Z is for Zodiac sign – Sagittarius

13 comments:

Schnookie said...

Swami! My family lived in Grimsby for many years. That's where some of my brothers were born. I'll have to ask my Mom which years she was there. Wouldn't that be the freakiest thing if our families knew eachother? I'd think that would be so cool!!!

That is sad about you never getting to have played any musical instrument due to your siblings all quitting theirs. You definitely didn't miss much with the accordian LOL.

Ummmmmmmm you cook babies? Ewwww!

Swami said...

You lived in Grimsby!!!!!
*faints dead away*

My family moved to Grimsby in 1951 (I think) and my mom lived there for the rest of her life. It was a small town back then, they may have known each other - in which case I will pass out right here, live, in blog land!

Do you know my RL name? I will log onto the Other Place and flag it to you.

It's a small world, after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small, small world.

Or something like that.

Schnookie said...

I never lived there but that's where my mom & dad lived after the war. I only know your first name. Definitely flag me your name at the other place and I'll send you mine tonight when I can log on. I'm pretty sure my parents were there in the 50's. OMH, how funny is this? I remember you mentioning Grimsby once before and my eyes flew open. I meant to write you about that but I never got around to it.

Our parents could possibly have been neighbors.

Bravie said...

Limecurd? *makes icky face*

Jen said...

How do you cook the baby? Boiled, baked, deep fried? Is there a sauce to go with it? And most importantly- is it a human baby or something boring like a baby chicken?

:)

Lasann said...

I got your instrument answer to my college question.

A fellow Sagi!

Where is Grimsby? Maybe I know someone from there. *giggle*

Schnookie said...

Lasann, if you don't know where Nova Scotia and Newfyland are, there's no hope for you knowing where Grimsby is LOL.

Swami said...

Seana knows where Grimsby is. Meemo knows, and probably Lights & Tkit too.

Aislinn Sirk said...

My boiling baby joke was stolen, so I'll just say welcome back!

momma said...

*waves*

Those are beautiful pictures of your trip down there.

Seana said...

I totally know where Grimsby is! Practically right down the road.

It would be really cool if your parents knew each other years ago.

It's built up a lot in recent years. Mind you, this whole area has built up a lot in recent years.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»