Those self-righteous, handwashing Nazis. I wash my hands all the time - at least 40 times a day, sometimes way more if I am doing a lot of cooking. So I am the only one who did not catch a cold from The Sister over xmas, or so far this year. Even poor clean Mr. Swami caught it last week, altho it did not last for long. (He mainlined a bunch vit C and garlic capsules.)
Sister barely washes enough to qualify as being washed up. Plus she has the annoying habit of blowing her nose and then laying the used kleenex on the table next to her instead of tossing it right away. So I consider all my table tops contaminted. And no, she never washes after blowing her nose either. I am on my second Big Roll of Lysol antiseptic dispo wipes. I wipe the remotes & phones daily, and the toilet seat before I use it, lol. Mr Swami has abandoned all bathrooms but the upstairs Master. I'm washing towels & such a lot too. Sister has commented, "Boy I never saw people who washed so much!" And yet? She doesn't get the message.
On the Good New front - sister has agreed to give Assisted Living a try! YAY! YAY! & happy dance! On January 26th she moves into this place. Then Mr Swami & I will get our life back! I will like sister much better again once she isn't snoring in my family room most of the afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Have you bought stock in Lysol yet?
Glad sis is willing to give it a go!
Horray! The new place looks pretty nice.
I'm only a germ phobe when someone around me is sick. I did the remote wipe thing when Chris was sick, and even wiped down our leather couch when I'd sit in his usual spot.
The kleenex on the table would make me want to barf.
Glad your sis is moving. The places looks very nice.
I am the youngest too, and in my next life I will also be the oldest and will have everyone bring me treats AND bow to my every wish. I'm hoping I've garnered enough good karma from this life to last another few lifetimes. *crosses fingers*
Yay! Glad she found a place and agreed.
LOL.
Your sister reminds me a bit of someone I know when it comes to "not getting it."
When my co-worker had swine flu and cmae in before she was fully clear, I was furious. After I sent her home, I went on a major cleaning frenzy - door handles, phones, fax and copier buttons. Everything!
Today we have about 30 people in here for a class - from all over the country. So they've been on planes. I'm going crazy wiping things.
I'm glad your sister agreed. Hopefully your life returns to normal very soon.
Post a Comment