Kim gently reminded me in my last post that if I want to read blogs then I need to be part of the blog-writing people so there are blogs to be read. Only she was way more succinct. Anyway - here for your reading pleasure (or whatever) is my mind today.
1. Finally! I have my car back! My middle D has been driving my car as her "loaner" for the past 2 weeks, ever since she got rear-ended by an idiot in an extended cab pick-up (with trailer attached.) As reward for my generosity in letting her use my car so she could get to work and finish moving into her new place she was pretty much inconsiderate to me in general through the whole process.
2. Turns out? I am not ready for Fall. I haven't gone outside yet today because I think I might need a jacket and I am in denial. Jacket = Fall.
3. My latest snack food fetish is Garden of Eatin' Multi Grain Everything Tortilla Chips, with Flax Seeds! They are so freaking good! Really, really good!
4. My MIL will turn 90 next March and I am trying to provide interesting ideas to celebrate the occasion without getting sucked into doing anything that will require huge, huge amounts of time. Or money. They are a cheap bunch, most of Mr Swami's family, and will happily "delegate" away anything that involves spending money. Which wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't then simultaneously get all critical because we spent money.
5. Hey in despiration for something to read online yesterday I wandered over to OT where I have not been in months - and lo & behold there was a goodbye post from pre at the top of the page! He is a huge part of why I left. Not because of his views themselves but because of his (to me) passive aggressive manipulations. Whatever. I was thisclose to actually looking up my old password and saying something on OT.. But I got over it. And I think this is just more passive aggressive drama anyway.
6. Today is Tapioca Pudding Day! To celebrate having a car again I plan to go to Trader Joe's in Woodbury and buy me some tapioca pudding. They make delicious pudding and I haven't had any since maybe Spring? I think I bought a container of pudding this Spring. I meant to.
7. I am also going to go to HomeGoods and buy something. I have no idea what, but something pretty.
8. My sister in Hawaii finally sold her house. Now I have to fear that she is trying to move in with me! Sorry, that is not going to happen. Even if she comes for a visit with no return ticket, as she is planning this Christmas. I figure she can stay for 2-3 weeks then I am putting her on a plane, a train or into a retirement residence in Stillwater. Her choice.
9. It is really really windy today. Not rainy, which we need, but gloomy & windy.
10. Who wants to clean up my mail monster?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Very windy and cold here today, too.
I have to buy a new winter coat and I don't want to.
Oh my heck. You have me in tears. I think you are Irma Bombeck in real life. *grin
1. You are a saint.
2. I had to wear jeans on Saturday and today I put my child in pants for school. I couldn't believe there were children in shorts in 45 degree weather.
3. Flax seeds are good for pooping, right?
4. You are a saint.
5. I will try to update my blog more often, although I wish you would post there again. Especially a summary. We need your summary skills
6. The only Woodbury I know of is in CT. If you are going to that one, you really are happy to have your car back. I have still never been to Trader Joe's.
7. I need a new shower curtain. Just a plain, clear one will do.
8. Your sister sounds a lot like my sister-in-law. Your response sounds a lot like my response.
9. It was very windy here yesterday, then it stormed, now it's cold.
10. Breezy does.
Boo - so that's where all this poop came from! Uh, oops.
I finally made the switch from sandals to close toed fall shoes. It was sad.
I also love the GofE multigrain chips! Nolay hates them, though, so it's a bad idea for me to buy them and eat the whole bag myself. I also love tapicoa pudding and Nolay doesn't. I should've found these things out before our second date.
Hm. The MIL party is tough. She must be doing well for 90! How about a cake and pie party, with old fashioned music. Everybody could bring an "old fashioned" style cake/pie. Ooooh, check out these ideas (LOVE the marching band thing-too funny!:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf001241.tip.html
I think Tummy is right, you are really Irma Bombeck. :-)
3. I'll have to try those. I love flax seeds.
4. My MIL turns 90 in April, and we are going out there during DD's spring break. I have to call the college to find out when that is, because they don't calendar the dates that far ahead.
5. Controlling people always seem to do goodbye threads. It's supposed to be posting suicide, but they usually come back for more. I have no idea why he (you know who) seems to feel like he's a victim.
6. I love tapioca pudding! I have some tapioca to cook, and want to learn to make a really good homemade tapioca pudding.
8. I can only take my sister in small doses, so three weeks would seem like a long time to me.
Post a Comment