Yesterday I ate chicken salad for breakfast and lunch. I would have had it for supper too but it was gone.
When I make chicken salad I mostly cheat & use the meat from a dismembered, pre-cooked deli chicken. Much easier than baking or poaching my own meat.
Mr Swami did not know that when you go to the market you select the smallest zucchini - not the biggest! I guess men can't buy squash/gourds without that whole penis size thing guiding them.
I have a ton of great fresh Thai basil - so pasta salad tonight. My garlic could be fresher but I can use it up on the salad.
Last summer I had some yellow seedless watermelon at a picnic but I haven't been able to find it anywhere this year. So in my memory it just becomes nicer & nicer. I wish I could find some! It was super sweet.
I am the only person I know who puts fenugrek in beef curry.
There is a new Greek restaurant opening in town soon, called Aristos. Is that a chain or a unique restaurant? Either way - I can't wait. I sure hope they have good panikopita.
Julia Child was right. Butter makes everything better!
When I opened up the lb of butter I bought last week, instead of it being wrapped in four 1/4-lb sticks if was wrapped as eight 1/8-lb portions! It just seemed so silly to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I had some yellow watermelon once that wasn't very sweet, so it must be just like regular watermelon-hit or miss. It's finally watermelon time here. Yay!
My favorite Thai dish to whip up is Pad Kra Pow (ground pork with chiles and basil). You have inspired me to pick some basil and make it next week!
Oh, and I'm very interested in this butter evolution.
I'm impressed that you whip up Thai dishes. Thai is good food.
Which butter evolution? The cook with butter one or the 8 teeny tiny little sticks/lb one?
What the heck is fenugrek?
MC, fenugrek is the seed of a non-descript little plant that tastes kind of bitter by itself but in combination with other spices makes for a rich flavor. It's a funny looking little seed about the length of a cumin seed, but fatter & boomerang shaped. Either it has no obvious husk or it is always sold husked. It's kinda gray-blonde in color.
Hardly anything I bake takes less than 1/4 of butter, so the 1/8 would be a waste of wrapping.. :-)
I've never heard of yellow watermelon. I didn't know we were supposed to buy the smallest zucchini. I just look for a hard one. LOL. Why small? I have not heard of that Greek Restaurant, but I sure could go for some greek food. I have not seen the 8 1/8 lb packages of butter.
Post a Comment