Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This Just In...

I am going to wimp out on swimming today. It is -5 freaking degrees out, with a fresh coat of slickery snice (snow & ice combo). I could fall and break something, right?

I have noticed that Mr Swami pees about once for every 4 times I go. This doesn't seem fair.

I am a twit. I have wandered into the strange world of Twitter.com. Do you tweet?

Contract Bridge is complicated to learn. Easy on paper, but then they deal you an actual hand and everything changes. I still don't get the Jacoby Transfer in IRL - only on paper. Anita the cheat-ah quit. In fact, about 1/3 of the class has dropped out. I think the teacher is good, but the learning curve is steep. Or we're all stupid - who knows?

My cat Tippy Toes always comes running when I sing the Birdie Birdie song. Gracie comes for the Meow Mix, Meow-meow jingle. I really hope that I don't absent-mindedly sing one of these ditties on a day when Mr Swami is around. I'm not sure how I would explain them, lol.

My parakeets are molting. Lolo looks like the cat chewed on her head.

If I don't number stuff then it's not a list and I can end whenever I want to end.

7 comments:

Tummy said...

I would not swim either!

Not fair, not fair at all.

I don't twit or tweet or any of those t words.

I think it should be Contact Bridge and then you could tackle someone over the table.

I love the name Tippy Toes.

and here's a link to the redtail hawk cam, there's also a bald eagle cam link on the same page:
http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/hawks/default.aspx

kim (weltek) said...

Isn't this weather sucky? Although it did give you the opportunity to introduce a new word (snice) into my vocabulary.

Twitter scares me.

What is "molting?"

Swami said...

Tummy, it has warmed up to +2F. Still not going swimming. I made cranberry almond bread instead! :)

Kim, Twitter is a strange, strange place.

Molting is the seasonal feather loss & regrowth that all birds go through, usually in spring. Females always molt heavily during nesting season, which gives them lots of nice down to line their nests with. Also, since they don't do much flying then it is a good time to regrow flight feathers. (In some species the female never leaves the eggs until they hatch.)

Zombs said...

I tweeted a while ago but have not is a long time. I don't think anyone is interested in what I am doing. Plus? I don't have a cell phone that can do it so it is kind of pointless doing it from my home pc. I can just randomly update my facebook page.

This is such a tough time of year. Everyone is hopeful about spring. You get a few nice days and then bam...back to the cold. I don't get my hopes up until ST. Patrick's day.

My hubby pees all the time! Even the kids say...he is always in the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

1. I agree about not driving to the swim place. You are excused.

2. Not fair at all. Especially at night.

3. I refuse. Phil & Amy from The Biggest Loser invited me to. But I can't get into it.

3a. I may or may not have googled Phil and Amy and sent them an email during the last season of The Biggest Loser to tell them to beat Vickie.

4. I'm glad the cheater is gone. And everyone is stupid - with the exception of one person. I thought you knew that.

5. I am sitting here wondering what little jingle you could come up with for Tom.

6. Perhaps the parakeets mimicked your Meow Mix song.

7. The fact that you ended this list with an odd number makes me want to go back and unnumber my list.

Puffy said...

Do you cats enjoy looking at the parakeets? I do not tweet. I just don't think I want to try anything more on the internet right now, but it does seem to be the wave of the future so I imagine I'll be tweeting and facebooking soon.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Hiya,

Mr Bob really wants to learn how to play bridge in honour of his martini swilling grandmother.

I'm not as into it, but if he can find two other players willing, I'll try it.

It's bad enough playing hearts with him. He counts the cards. I count the spades and any suit I am shorting myself in and that is about it.