Friday, March 20, 2009

It Was Such A Little Bump

... barely even noticeable.

A couple of days ago as I was driving my son around and while stopped at a light I decided to dig a breathmint out of my purse. I dropped the packet, of course, and in the process of fishing it up off the floor I guess I took my foot partly off the brake. So I bumped the car in front of me with a most gentle little 'pop'.

I jumped up from my fishing position, and looked at the (single male) driver to see what he was going to do. Guy was looking at me in his rearview mirror and obviously mouthing some kind of words. I backed up a few inches & looked back at him. Now he was still talking. but rocking his head back and forth slowly with his chin kind of thrust forward. Obviously, he was describing me & what he wanted to do with me in loving detail.

I was hopeful that he would NOT get out of his car at all because I had my son with autism with me - and he doesn't do well with unexpected interruptions to his routine, plus some people just don't get autism at all and take it as a personal affront to themself. This guy did not look promising.

Guy kept talking to the mirror. Now his incessant head rocking was really starting to freak me out. I felt like I had ticked off an unstable person! I decided if he got out and walked back I would just roll my window down 2" and not get out of the car. Thankfully, when the light changed he just drove forward. I dropped back and put a couple of cars between us - but the first 2 turns he made were the same two turns I made! OMG what if we are going to the same place!

Thankfully, at my next turn he went staight ahead. I think he was still talking to the mirror too.

I blame the breathmints.

5 comments:

MM said...

Yuck, that sounds creepy. I hate weird things like that. Glad he didn't get out. Freakin weirdo.

Bravie said...

Holy crap. Remind me not to drive in front of you. *grin*

macgyver13 said...

Too bad you didn't have me along with you in the front seat - I could have told you what he was saying by lipreading!

Good thing it didn't turn out worse than that and that he felt it wasn't worth the bother to confront you.

Imagine what he must have been thinking to see you following him through the next two turns -- stalker city! You must have seemed pretty scary to him such that he just kept rocking his jaw back and forth but didn't want to confront you...

Puffy said...

Little bump? At first I thought you were pregnant.

Tummy said...

*laughing at the thought of you continuing to follow him