Monday, March 16, 2009

Signs of Springtime!

Approximately 1/3 of MN is currently underwater. When snow melts but the ground is still frozen every low area becomes a lake. Whole corn fields have 2-3 inches of standing water in them! I saw a very forlorn horse standing in fetlock deep water in his paddock - which must have melted while his owners were at work. Poor wet horsey.

My little creek is foaming and at the top of its banks. This is when the evil part of me always hopes for a really good rain. It creates such havoc! All that water, and no soil to absorb it!

Mostly naked running guy is back to jogging on Hwy 61. He wears low-slung short shorts and nothing else. I only look at him to assess the level of his tan. Also? He is not Jewish, lol.

My cat has gone utterly mad. It's warm outside but everything is so nasty & wet! What to do? In or out?

I had the best Chicken Scampi at Olive Garden yesterday! Now I am jonesing to make shrimp scampi, one of my favorite dishes, only I am always unhappy with the freshness of shrimp available in MN.

Tomorrow is St Paddy's Day. I am 1/2 Irish but I don't go all nutty about wearin' o the green and stuff like that. I don't even cook special food anymore. Well, maybe I'll make some soda bisquits to go with dinner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's this? Another unnumbered list?

LOL about the naked guy. Good timing!

Puffy said...

Mr. Puffy had corned beef and cabbage in honor of St. Patrick's day at Marie Callender's Restaurant Saturday night. Poor wet horsey. The MN horse, not Mr. Puffy.

macgyver13 said...

What, was the almost naked guy trying to emulate the Amazing Race racers by running in their skivvies in cold weather?

You say he's not Jewish...but did he have shrinkage from the cold?

Swami said...

Pepe, I determined he was not Jewish last August. It was a particularly hot afternoon, he was dripping wet with sweat, running towards me and the sun was at just the right angle to make what I think is a reasonable assumption of his "status".

After a long winter, temps in the high 50s count as warm enough for shorts - especially with bright warm sunshine and no wind. He is just starting his tan. He gets that deep red tan blondes get from the northern sun.