Thursday, May 29, 2008

More Update-y Stuff

Because this is as close to coherent thought as I can manage this morning.

1. I miss milk. Once or twice a week I like to drink a small glass of milk but lately Mr. Swami has switched over to soy milk and it is just not the same. It has a slimey and faintly sweet taste to me.

2. Later today I may become the proud owner of two Russian Tortoises. We'll see. I like turtles & tortoises & frogs & toads & such. I really want some Poison Dart Frogs but I can't figure out how to protect them from the cats.

3. Speaking of frogs, I would like a moment of silence for my late, great frog hose guard which Mr. Swami ran over with the lawn tractor yesterday and smashed to smithereens. Froggie was dark green, very regal and did a good job of keeping the garden hose out of my Omphaloidies all last summer.

4. I am totally craving guacamole again. Guacamole is good. And it's better when I can make it while the DD is not here because then I can put some red onions into it. DD likes her guac way bland.

5. I am still battling the version of Outlook that is loaded onto my new computer. It is really fussy and sometimes refuses to hook up with other computers! What good is an email program that is so picky about who it will talk to? Hopefully I can email those soup recipes today.

Boo ended a list on 5 yesterday, so I can too. Because Boo is the queen of lists.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I agree about soy. I tried it, and blucky. I remember buying it for Conner when he needed it for a bit. He and I actually just had a conversation about this yesterday because he felt the need to tell me that Skylar and Sameer don't drink the same milk as everyone else.

And, why can't you drink regular milk? Do you just not want to buy two different kinds of milk?

2. Interesting.

3. I thought for a minute you meant a live one. *RIP*

4. Um yeah. I love Swami. That's a good response.

5. Do you have Vista? I've heard Vista sucks. We have regular Outlook at work, which I love and Express at home, which I hate.

My name is Boo, and I approve of this list.

Puffy said...

Can you buy your own milk and have a container for you and one for him? I drink about a gallon a week. Of milk.

Bravie said...

*sigh* You have no idea how much I miss milk. It is just too high in points for my curent weight loss program. I refuse to drink soy. Soy is NOT milk. Nobody is fooling me with that shit. When/If I ever hit my goal weight I will be going back to more milk everyday.

Swami said...

I very rarely drink milk. I want a small glass - maybe 6 oz - about once a week. Used to be, I could skim this amount from Mr. Swami's milk jug and everything was fine. But I will not drink icky soy milk! And the amount I drink is too small to bother buying even a quart of milk because it would spoil before I drank it.

Also? Soy milk cannot be used in cooking. Don't even try it (like I did.)

Puffy said...

Two questions: Why can't Bravie drink non-fat milk on her diet? Why can't you use soy milk in cooking?

Swami said...

Puffy, 1 - I dunno, ask Bravie.
1 - You can use it but it doesn't work right. Which makes sense because milk is a mammalian biologic product and soy milk is just bean juice. You get funny textures and funny flavors.