Friday: We sold our old pontoon boat. Mr. Swami & I spent 20 fun summers boating on the St Croix - with multiple picnics and swimming adventures with our kids. Amazingly, we sold the boat for just a little less than we paid for it back then. Of course we added a new 4-stroke Suzuki engine in 2000, that helped the price a lot. I sold it on Craig's list!
Saturday: I bought some basil seedlings, but it is still too cold to put them into the ground. WE started cleaning our old semi-recumbent tandem bicycle for sale - now that I know how Craig's list works. DS with the bike (I can't find a better pic just now:
Sunday: DS took me to see Iron Man (Ironman?) and then out to a late lunch at Applebee's, which is his favorite place to eat on account of their 3 for $10.99 special.
Saturday and Sunday were both total non-cook days for me! Saturday DD made my favorite strawberry salad which we ate with a deli chicken. And for our Survivor supper Tom made another strawberry salad and we polished the chicken off. I love non-cook weekends!

5 comments:
What a fun bike. I wonder what the shipping to SF would be. *grin*
I have never ridden one of those before, but I would like to. I always think we will rent one at the beach, but we don't.
I cooked on Saturday night, even though I didn't want to. Then Sunday we went out for dinner and got rained on. The ceiling over our table had a leak. Luckily, it started sprinkling when we were pretty much done.
What is strawberry salad?
Strawberry salad is so yummy!
You rip up some romaine lettuce, then add lots of thinly sliced strawberries, some canned manadarin oranges, a bit of finely diced red onion, and toss it with Brianna's Poppyseed salad dressing. Every bite of salad should have at least one slice of strawberry in it. (It is better if the strawberries are not dead ripe or they bruise/fall apart.)
So colorful; so yum!
(I specify the Brianna's dressing because some poppyseed dressings are full of corn syrup and not very tasty. Brianna's is perfect for strawberry salad.)
I've tried to sell things on Craigslist. All I receive as replies are stupid scam artists trying to bilk me out of my money. No serious replies, evah.
Cali is so full of scam artists! Here in the midwest we are less under scam attack. Our guy showed up with $3500 cash, so no problem-o.
Post a Comment