Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Update-y

1. I had no workity-work over Memorial Day weekend. Yay!

2. Saturday I did a little laundry and put some of my houseplants outside. Really, it's still too cold at night to put them out but I am into tough love these days - so out they went. Even the crotons. Live or die you guys, I don't care.

3. I made my world famous chicken & avocado soup which no one ever makes from the recipe because it looks dumb, but when they eat the soup they love it! (With a couple of leftover avocado I made some nice guacamole so I will have blue corn chips and guacamole for lunch today.)

4. Sunday DS and I saw Prince Caspian. The movie was not the exceptional Narnia story that The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe was, but it was okay. They had some gorgeous horses; I wanted to see more of the un-cgi treated horses.

5. Sunday late afternoon Mr. Swami and I had the house to ourselves for a while so we ran around being silly and doing things you shouldn't ought to on the kitchen table, lol.

6. While I was in the shower later on Sunday our house was attacked by aliens with baseball bats! At leaat that's what it seemed like. BAM! BAM!! BAM!!! What a racket! Huge banging all over the ceiling and walls while I was wet, naked & vulnerable in the shower. Turns out we aere having tennis ball sized hail. The biggest hail I have ever seen! HUGE!!! TG our vehicles were safely garaged at the time!

7. Mr. Swami and I decided to go see Indiana Jones on Monday but instead we wound up driving around the Cities and had lunch in a little restaurant on the Mississippi River in Minneapolis where we used to go pretty often 25 years ago - Pracna on Main. I had their Sidewalk Salad - field greens with radacchio & carrot slivers, roast chicken, mandarin oranges,dried cranberries and walnuts served with a warm cranberry vinaigrette. Very delicious.

8. We walked out onto a newly opened park/walkway area over nearby St Anthony Falls. Mr. Swami likes to make me walk for knee therapy.

9. My latest Reality TV show craze is a show called Groomer Has It on Animal Planet. It's the usual format & drill: 12 groomers, a weekly challenge and once a week a potential Groomer of the Year is kicked out of the Dog House. It's just unexpected fun.

10. Mr Swami forgot his briefcase this morning so before I had even a sip of coffee I was loading the poor, forgotten thing into my car and driving into St Paul. Fortunately it was just after the morning rush. For my reward I got a Sausage Biscuit from McD's. That's my second time for a McDonald's breakfast this year!

10 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Wow, what a fun weekend! That salad sounds good and I'm uber curious about the avocado soup. Recipe please!!!!

I kind of want to see Indy in the theatre, but I'm not good at making movie plans. The movie is usually on dvd by the time I make time to go.

We had McDonald's breakfast yesterday. I had an Egg Mcmuffin. I hate the hashbrowns, thank goodness for my waistline.

Anonymous said...

It looks dumb because it has avocado, right?

I agree with Kim about that salad. Oh, that sounds divine.

I want to see Indy as well in the theater. We have just learned that a neighbor boy (10th grader) is available for babysitting. He is a good boy, and I would certainly trust him. So I think we are going to try him out for a short excursion such as dinner and a movie pretty soon.

I have not had McDonald's breakfast in years. I just saw a report on our home homepage that the Deluxe Big Breakfast is one of the worst thigs you can eat. I don't remember specifics, but I think it had like 2200 calories.

Puffy said...

Boo, I had good luck with male babysitters.

We saw the Indy movie over the weekend. We had to get there an hour early to stand in line, but it was a fun movie. We stayed and saw "What Happens in Vegas," too. That was good for a few laughs.

I put croutons in my salad. I don't know much about crotons.

I was checking all the TV channels I don't usually watch and saw a promo for a reality show about hairstylists for people, not pets.

Debcapsfan said...

I am jealous of your home made guacamole.
I think I saw a bit of Groomer has It with cats. I felt really bad for the cats.
McDonalds breakfast always kills my stomach so I tried to avoid it.

Swami said...

Deb, the cats were an offbeat challenge. Mostly they do dogs. Well, they did have to shear a sheep once for their "Quick Sniff" challenge, a name which still cracks me up.

Swami said...

Kim, I'll find the recipe and email it to you. I mostly make it from memory & feel, but I did type & enter it in one of files somewhere.

kim (weltek) said...

Yay! Maybe I could make some and bring it to Boo for the 3 Day. *snort*

Bravie said...

What a fun weekend.
I want the recipe for the soup. It sounds yummy to me. Mmmmmmmm
I would kill for a sausage McMuffin right now.

MM said...

Dang, I think *you* are the smut queen around here. I seem tohave retired long ago, but you are doing quite nicely.

The hail sounds awful! I've never seen anything like that.

lights said...

That hail arrived at our house on Monday around 6pm. Unfortunately, our car wasn't in the garage so Dave had to run out and put it inside. I think he's still bruised. *giggle*