Most years by this time I have a few blooming plants out on my patio, which are visited daily by hummingbirds. Because we have been so freaking cold this spring my patio is still bare. So for the past 3 days my hummingbirds have just flown up to the glass door, hovered and looked in at me accusingly. I am so entertained that a 2 oz. bird is trying to intimidate me! Or maybe 1 oz. Anyway - they are teeny, tiny little bullies. So today I have to go buy a fuschia for them. They like fuschia.
I wonder how many hummingbirds it would take to bring down a grown woman?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'l guess five. Those little beaks could do some damage quickly.
I'm dragging on planting anything, too. It's been around 60 degrees so far this May with some frosty mornings, so I'm hesitant to plant early. This morning I was considering buying plants next week. Just veggies and herbs for now. Not sure I'll spend much on flowers this year.
I was hoping to plant this weekend, but it's sounding like rain and 50's. *pout*
My brother swears he saw a giant humming bird when he was about 5. *giggle* We make fun of him all the time about it, cause he came running up to us saying "HUMMMMMM HUMMMMM I saw a killer hummingbird" LOL
I'm hoping all the rain this week and weekend will bring a clear Memorial Day weekend. *crosses fingers*
It snowed yesterday in Flagstaff, Arizona. Nothing is sacred anymore.
Hummingbirds are great for indoor-cat entertainment.
Okay, I just hung a nice, pink fuschia with lots & lots of flowers. My little bird buddies will have to happy now!
Breezy, I saw Rodan the giant killer bird from some old Japanese 50s horror film right in our backyard when we first moved here. Turns out it was just a huge, pileated woodpecker. Man, those things are big!
I think some of my plants have fallen prey to frost. *sigh*
We don't get many hummingbirds around here. I will tell you that, at the office, we get several birds who fly toward the windows all the time. Many hit the windows, which can scare you if you are not expecting it.
I agree with Kim that those little beaks could do some damage.
Aww, I lvoe hummingbirds. From the other side of a window, I mean. Otherwise, they *are* kinda scary. Almost too much like bugs.
LOL Swami we couldn't convince him it was a woodpecker he said it hummed like this. "HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"
Post a Comment