Petsmart has such cute baby bunnies for sale! Three of them. They were all a sort of caramel calico color - really beautiful! I like bunnies. The only downside was the price - $99.99. That seems like a lot for a bunny, even it is "fixed".
If I can't have a bunny, maybe I should get a $9.99 Mexican tree frog. I like froggies too. And canaries.
Swami <--- should not be allowed in pet stores.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
$100 for a bunny? Yeesh! Wait until after Easter and check craigslist. My guess is you'll find plenty for free - cage included!
We had a lizard when I was growing up. His name was Jeff. He lived 100 years in lizard years. He was cool.
Were they floppy eared bunnies? Those are my favorites. My grandfather always had rabbits, so I grew up playing with bunnies. They are surprisingly strong and scratch a lot. Plus they pee on you. :)
MM <-- bringer of pleasant thoughts
Ack. I hate when the pet shops bring out the bunnies for easter. Mark is right. Just check out craigslist after easter.
Oooo - free craigslist bunnies! There's a concept.
What is 100 in lizard years, Deb? I have no idea.
They were not lop-ears, Tab. I grew up with bunnies too. There was Thumper & Snowball & Zorro & Biffy & Foggy. I hardly ever ever got peed on. Got some dandy scratches though!
I hate the Easter chicks too!!! Petsmart doesn't do chicks, but a local feed store always has them.
I have always wanted to have a couple of pet chickens because I think chickens are smart and interesting birds. I would like a Japanese Silky. They live about 12 years and are so pretty. Tom thinks the idea of pet chickens is totally nuts so I will likely never get them. (Damn farmer.)
I can't believe how expensive purebred dogs are.
I agree with Mark.
Conner thinks he needs a pet. I really am not ready for another dog. Maybe a bunny would be good. Do you have to keep them inside? Hmmm, I'd have to think about a cage as well. Not sure where I would put a cage.
Our neighbor girl has a pet rat. A fricking rat. I hate rodents. Hate them. I cannot for the life of me imagine someone choosing to have a fricking rat for a pet. Ain't no way in hell I'd have a rat for a pet.
Bunnies need a decent-sized cage that they can't chew through or dig out of - otherwise they are not escape artists.
With an adequate, enclosed shelter to retreat into rabbits can stay outside even through a Minnesota winter. However, when temps were going to be -20F or lower I always brought the cage into the garage and set it over a little heat pad.
They are sweet, simple-minded but fun pets. Very cheap to feed and maintain. I just love them!
You can spend a fortune on fancy cages but basic cages are very easy to build.
I love bunnies, too! Chris has to pry me away at the pet stores. $100 does seem like a lot, though. We had a pet rabbit in my 3rd & 4th grade classroom. It made lots of cocoa puffs, as we liked to call them.
Someday I'll show you my baby monkey pics. Then you'll want a baby monkey.
Boo-as I said above, we had one in our classroom. Never went outside. It needed a fairly big cage which had to be cleaned every day to prevent stench.
Kim, I'm sure most of the cost was "fixing" the bunny. Evidently fixed bunnies are more gentle than non-fixed bunnies.
Plus bunnies are notoriously hard to sex and frequently mis-sexed, so if you get two of them the cnaces of baby bunnies are pretty high.
$100 does seem a bit much for a bunny. I always leave pet stores convincing myself that we have three cats and two dogs and don't need anymore even though I really really want all of them... buuuut a hamster, a bird, some fish, a guinea pig, any of those would be okay. Then my husband drags me out by the ear. I can't even convince him on a little white mouse. A guy I knew gave me one once and I had him for a year and a half. His name was Buddy (the mouse. Guy's name was Bob.) and he used to sit on my shoulder all the time. I loved him.
Post a Comment