1. Those little "Brownie Bites" they sell at Holiday Station Stores are really pretty tasty. At 4.8 oz per cup they are just the right size for 2 to share. Or for one person to eat over two days if they don't feel like sharing the chocolatey goodness with their spouse.
2. Bean Dip. Is too much. Tom and I have agreed that hereafter I don't have to make bean dip for every darn Superbowl - just Superbowls where the Vikings play. So that lets me off the hook!
3. Chicken curry tastes better with fresh spinach in it.
4. Cumin is the perfect spice.
5. My kid can eat! On Sunday I took my DS out for an afternoon movie and lunch. We went to Applebee's where he got one of those 3 for $9.99 combos; I ordered a regular menu item. So first he got 6 huge boneless buffalo wings. For his entree he got a half rack of honey BBQ ribs with a huge side of French fries. I got my 3 mini-cheeseburgers with fries. I selected 4 or 5 perfect fries for myself and gave the rest to son, along with one of my mini-cheeseburgers - because he was still hungry. For dessert he had strawberry cheesecake. He ate everything down to the last crumb! Ahh, youth.
6. Have you had those mini-burgers? You get the full burger experience in 2 or 3 cute little 2" wide buns. They seem to be popping up at all the family franchise restaurants. I like to get the twin mini turkey burgers at Ruby Tuesday, because you can add their fabulous salad bar for cheap - then eat all the salad you want and take the burgers home in a box for supper. Being so small they are easy to reheat.
7. Today DH is going out for lunch with some work people. One of his friends has found a restaurant that she says serves the perfect chicken pot pie. Which reminded me that I love chicken pot pie and haven't had one in years! Do you like chicken pot pie?
8. I am still full from the Superbowl supper last night. URRRRRRP Excuse me.
9. My grocery store has a big chicken BOGO going on. I like BOGOs.
10. That's all I got. Unless you want some leftover bean dip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
1. The local Kroger grocery store sells brownie bites in a bag. Boy, are they ever good. I think they call them 2-bite brownies but to be honest, I'd say they were 1-bite brownies.
2. I don't get to eat bean dip often. I do like it though.
3. I'm not a big fan of spinach but I do love curry. That's what we had for dinner last night. Veggie and shrimp curry.
4. I love cumin.
5. Wow, he sure can eat.
6. I've never heard of the mini-cheesburgers. I've always loved Applebee's cheeseburgers but haven't been there in many many months. I'll have to check these mini-cheesburgers out. We never eat at Ruby Tuesday's anymore because I got sick once from something I ate there and just decided to stay away.
7. I love chicken pot pies. When I first moved here to atlanta, I tried all kinds of chicken pies but could never find one that I liked. They were too watery. I can't remember the last time I had one. Years.
8. :-)
9. What the heck is a BOGO?
10. I'll take some of that bean dip. Yum!
BOGO. Buy One Get One. As in, buy one 20 oz package of Gold'n Plump split breasts and get a second one free!
I am a sucker for BOGOs on meat because you can save so much money, it keeps in the freezer, and I am a carnivore at heart.
*serves Nookie some bean dip*
I bought Brownie Bites at Costco for the party yesterday. They ARE good, and they last pretty well. Great for portion controlled desserts.
I love the bean dip served in a handful of restaurants here, but never make it myself.
*skips ahead*
*scoops leftover bean dip*
Hmmm, spinach in chicken curry. I love the Thai curry I get at a local restaurant with big thick slices of tender bamboo shoots, basil, jalapeƱo, and red bell peppers. Yum!
Cumin? Meh. I add the tiniest bit to my salsa and other Mexican foods, but it is so easy to overdo.
Those mini cheeseburgers sound good. I've always wanted to order them. Next time.
I love chicken pot pie, but my memory of same is mostly the frozen variety. Haven't ever made it.
BOGO's are awesome. I bought some Tyson Boneless Buffalo Chicken wings BOGO the other day. Safeway has 12-pak soda (aka pop) on sale this week "buy 2, get 3 free".
1. My local grocery has brownie bites. I love them. They also make them fancy by adding buttercream frosting. That is good as well. I try not to buy them too often because I have no control.
2. What is in your bean dip?
3. The chicken and the spinach sound divine. I'm not a big curry person.
4. That is part of the curry, isn't it?
5. Darnit. I forgot about Applebee's doing that. I meant to try it before I restarted Alli. Now I will have to wait another 3 weeeks. I think Friday's has it too.
6. I like mini burgers. Hardees used to have them, but not anymore.
7. I love chicken pot pie. Love, love, love it. I recently bought an old-time frozen favorite. But then it got recalled. I never got to eat it. Progresso has a chicken pot pie soup I've been meaning to try.
8. I would love another bowl of chili right now, but the party was somewhere else. No leftovers. *sobs*
9. I like BOGOs too. This reminds me that I have a frozen turkey that is thawing. I think I'm going to have to help it tonight.
10. *smooch* and *grin*
oooooooooooh I love the BOGO's!
I never notice if they do that with the meats/poultry because I don't buy that stuff but I love when they do it with other things like spaghetti sauce etc.
Boo, how does that Alli work for you? I almost tried it when it first came out, but then I heard some unlovely things about it.
Swami: Alli has worked well for me. I did it for almost 3 weeks in January, then took a mini break, and I'm back.
There are many unsavory comments and rightly so. You are allotted a certain number of fat grams per meal. My number is 19. I make sure not to go over, and I really keep it under that most of the time. Like way under. Dinners are sometimes tough.
I never, ever, ever, crapped my pants. Never came close. My neighbor did it and had some scares, but nothing like that at all for me.
I will probably do it for 3 weeks per month until I get to where I want and then use if necessary.
I need that week off to enjoy subs and burgers and such. And lots of chocolate.
Also, I made sure to wait about 2 days after stopping it before I ate anything questionable. Just to be sure.
Logging my food is a bit of a pain. But it's been worth it.
Mmmm, brownies.
Mmmm, bean dip.
*skips down like MTW*
Mmmm, Applebee's. I've never been but their commercials make my mouth water. I almost wish we'd gone to Applebees instead of Smoky Bones with the Nookies in Georgia a couple years ago. Not because I didn't like Smokey Bones, just because then I could say I've been to Applebee's!
Never had the mini-burgers. I think I'd like them though.
Mmmmm, Chicken Pot Pie! Love it! I sometimes make my own but it's never as good as the church ladies pies that I buy at Christmas.
BOGOs are awesome but too few and far between up here.
Pass the bean dip, please.
Tonight's forecast...Freezing rain and up to 10cm of snow. Yay.
Boo - that's what scared me out of even trying Alli. Because in the normal course of things I am not all tied up, so I figured I would be one of the unlucky ones. :(
Just the thought of the possibility of pooping my pants make me never want to try Alli. *shudder*
Nookie: The thought of crapping your pants will make you obey the rules.
Post a Comment