Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yay! Amazon Delivered!

I have a new Richard Bachman - Blaze - the first new Bachman since he died in the early 80s and became Stephen King. Way back in the early 80s I used to get off my bus (from work, not school lol) in front of Bridgeman's Pharmacy in Uptown Minneapolis. Every week I went inside hoping that they would have a new Bachman book in their paperback novel section.

I also got The Cold Moon by Jeffery Deaver. I love me a Lincoln Rhyme crime scene suspense book.

Then I also got a Panasonic Epiglide epilator. It say glide in italics right there on the box just so you know how smooth and soothing it will feel even though 50 powerful little microtweezers are grabbing away at you. Okay. Now I'm scared to use it. What if I can't take the pain?

12 comments:

Schnookie said...

I bought one of those epilators years ago. Used it once and only once. OMH did it HURT! Good luck Swami. You may want to bite down on a leather belt LOL.

Swami said...

I don't have a biteable leather belt, I'll have to borrow Tom's.

I bought some of that benzocaine stuff they sell for teething babies. I figure I'm a big baby so maybe it will take the edge off. (Machine is upstairs charging right now.) (Dum-dee-dum-dum... Dum!)

Puffy said...

Yay! Amazon delivered to me, too. I got my vibrating litter box scoop!

Bravie said...

I love when my Amazon.com stuff gets delivered. Cool for you.

momma said...

Cool!

Let us know how the epiglide session turns out.

Swami said...

I have not yet epiglided because you have to charge the darn thing for 20 hours before first use and I just plugged it in last night.

Boy, does this thing come with a whole list of DO NOTs! These are the ones I found amusing:

DO NOT USE on facial hair
DO NOT USE on genital & surrounding areas
DO NOT USE on underarms or bikini-line
DO NOT USE on or near pimples, bruises, rashes, wounds or loose skin
DO NOT USE before or during menstruation
DO NOT USE for one month following childbirth
DO NOT USE if skin is sunburned
DO NOT USE when ill or in presence of physical abnormalities
DO NOT USE before swimming in a pool or the ocean (use at least 2 days prior)
DO NOT USE before intense exercise or sports activities
DO NOT apply strong pressure to skin
DO NOT repeatedly rub over same area
DO NOT hold in one spot
DO NOT apply in a jabbing motion
DO NOT keep in constant contact with the skin while moving it over the same area.

I may have to check my insurance policy to be sure I am covered for epilator accidents, lol.

Jen said...

Before or during menstruation?? WTF? I'd be skeered of that thing, man. Good luck!

momma said...

LOL Jen! I was thinking the same thing. WTF does being on your period have to do with anything?
*shakes head*

kim (weltek) said...

I'm so interested in this list of Do Nots. Please go use this torture device and report back.

Schnookie said...

I'm telling you Swami, it's an evil contraption! I couldn't even finish one leg it was so horrible. It's torture device. Each friggen hair is plucked. OUCH OUCH OUCH!

frodis said...

The list of DO NOTs reminds me of the Happy Fun Ball commercial from Saturday Night Live.

DO NOT taunt the Epiglide.

Swami said...

Kim, if the list of DO NOTs had been on the front of the box I might never have opened it. But I have to try it now just to prove I am tougher than Nookie. *Assumes Schwartzneggerian muscle-man pose*

Fro, I can always just drop the durn thing on a hard surface then taunt it. Dropping was a DO NOT too.