Wednesday, June 27, 2007

French Press

After talking about it for a couple of years I finally bought Tom a French Press coffee maker. (I usually drink instant coffee in the morning but Tom doesn't care for instant.) Anyway, I had my first cup of pressed coffee this morning. Tres good! But - whoa - I am not used to such strong stuff. Evidently when you drink French Press coffee you can tap dance and type at the same time! Who knew?

*tap, tap, tap*
*type, type, type*
It's strong stuff!

How do you prepare your morning coffee? Or do you always buy it? Or are you one of those cheerful types who can open both eyes and even converse without the benefit of caffeine?

18 comments:

Zombs said...

Dh makes the coffee before he leaves. Now it is so hot in the morning I make it into iced coffee. Both ways I like my coffee dark and sweet and strong.

I did not get a chance to comment below but I am glad DS has a good place to go to. Are you friends with any other parents of autistic children? Does he /you know anyone there also?

kim (weltek) said...

French presses make it too strong for me, and it's not real condusive to my 4 cup a morning habit. :-) I have friends that live and die by their french presses, though. To each their own.

I don't like instant coffee so much, but use it in my foofie wintertime drinks.

I make coffee at work in a standard auto drip maker. On the weekends, I make a pot in our Starbuck's utopia.

Anonymous said...

I rarely "make" coffee. Usually someone else in the office does, and I would just prefer they do.

At home, I have either a bottled Frappucino or a mocha from Starbucks or Panera on the weekends.

I can function without coffee just fine. But what I really love - AND NEED - is just a little bit of time in the morning to myself. I'm not as upset as I should be when my assistant is late because it gives me that time to myself in the morning.

kim (weltek) said...

*looks up at Boo*
I'm going to panera for lunch. I can't choose a salad. Salmon salad, strawberry poppyseed salad, or fugi apple chicken salad?

Breezy said...

Coffee is hot dirty water. *icky face*

Zombs said...

Oooh Breezy is a hot dirty girl.

kim (weltek) said...

And short. Don't forget short.

arkie said...

I usually wait until I get to the office to have a cup. I finally bought one of those one-cup coffee makers so I don't have to go to Starbucks on the weekends if I want coffee.

Swami said...

"Mary" I was almost friends with the mother of an autistic girl but it didn't quite work out. Neither of us had any time and then her husband got a job in another city.

Boo, at one time I couldn't stand a bunch of new people in my lab so I started going in at 4 a.m. so I could leave at about 1 p.m. The guy I hated most was not a morning person and he rolled in at about noon. It worked out really slick.

Kim, get the strawberry poppyseed salad. I have never been to Panera but I love strawberry salad!

Breezy, this is MY blog so only *I* am allowed to be hot and dirty in here. However, you may continue being short.

I could never wait Arkie!

Aislinn Sirk said...

Mr Bob used to make the coffee.

*sob*

I put the last of the coffee he made in a bottle in the fridge and heat it up each morning. How pathetic is that, eh?

kim (weltek) said...

LOL @ Bob! Oh wait, I'm not supposed to be laughing, am I?

Bravie said...

I love strong coffee. They hate me here at work because I make it too strong for them. I would love a French pressed coffee.
I just buy whole bean coffee at the grocery store and grind it myself.

kevingrout said...

I'm with Breezy. Coffee=icky.

I have had two cups in my life, and fully intend on leaving it that way.

Asrai said...

I want to be a coffee person, but I can't do it. I will drink it, make it, but I'm not fancy about it. We bought a coffee maker that looked cool, but you can't smell it, so we never use it. We need to just get a cheap Mr. Coffee.

I prefer tea, but my tea pot is dead. I've been making iced coffee lately, though. mmmm!

kim (weltek) said...

I had a Swamilicious lunch. I DID order the strawberry salad, then grabbed an iced mocha to go. I blame you talking about coffee.

Puffy said...

I don't drink coffee. The Bed and Breakfast places in England all served French Press coffee. I don't like coffee breath, but I like the smell of coffee in a room.

Seana said...

I thought this would be about tricep exercises.

Then I thought: why the heck would it be that?

It is too hot to be drinking coffee, but usually, I just put a filter in the basket of the coffee maker and set the basket on a mug. I use about 2 tablespoons of coffee in the filter.

It makes one nice cup of coffee.

mtw said...

I *LOVE* my French press. When I'm at home on the weekends, I won't make anything else. I like my coffee very strong.

At work, I usually buy coffee - triple Americano with a little half and half and some Splenda! It's an expensive habit, but I enjoy it.