Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm having trouble getting clean.

Tuesday, just as he was about to leave for work Tom realized that his driver's license had expired. So I was rudely rousted from my beauty sleep to drive him to work, forty minutes into St Paul then 40 minutes to get myself back home--all without my proper morning coffee! I just threw on my clothes from the day before and jumped into the car all unwashed and barely awake. It was a lovely morning and would have been a nice drive except Tom was in a foul mood of course. He hates to make mistakes, especially ones that might expose him to ticket-writing cops. Since I had painting & gardening to do I just stayed dirty all day. :-)

Then yesterday for some reason everyone took a half hour shower because when it was finally my turn I was barely wet before the hot water started to go all lukewarm. So I couldn't wash my hair. I barely got my body washed before the hot ran out. Thus I had to take my son out to lunch with nasty, stringy hair.

Are you clean today?

14 comments:

~Nutz said...

I am definitely not clean. I need a shower (Wonder why that wasn't on my list?), but will wait until I've had my coffee. I don't do anything without having coffee first!

kim (weltek) said...

I would've driven with the expired license & taken care of it at lunch. Tom is so responsible.

I'm clean. Smell me. Then pull my finger. Then smell me again.

*runs away laughing hysterically*

Swami said...

What made Tom so annoyed was that he didn't notice it was expired until after we went to our wedding this weekend. So he was driving all over without a license for days.

Schnookie said...

Funny. I was going to blog about cleanliness today regarding homes.

Yep, I'm clean and I smell of lemongrass/sage lotion.

*giggles* at Kim.

HistoryDetective said...

Sorry about the half hour shower. It's difficult to get all the peanut butter off...

kim (weltek) said...

*snort* That pb can be a real pain to get off. It's probably a great moisturizer, though!

Jen said...

I'm clean! I hate not showering. (unless it's the weekend and I'm not going anywhere. Then I'm content to live in my filth and be a couch potato.) I smell Heavenly. No, really. That's the name of my perfume today. *grin*

Surveysez said...

I'm squeaky clean!

Well, unless we're talking minds here, but there's not much I can do about that, now is there?

Swami said...

I am quite convinced there are no clean minds in blog land.

Seana said...

Now I'm singing a Sugarcubes song: 'Deus'.

Deus does not exit.
But if he does, he lives in the sky above me,
In the fattest largest cloud up there.
He's whiter than white and cleaner then clean.
He wants to reach me.

.....

I once met him,
It really surprised me,
He put me in a bath tub,
Made me squeaky clean,
Really clean.

.....

I thought I had seen everything,
He wasn't white and fluffy,
He just had side burns,
He just had side burns,
And a quiff,
He said hi.
I said hi. I was still clean,
I was squeaky clean.
I was surprised.
Just as you would be.

*walks out of blog singing "Deus, Deus"*

Monstah said...

Of course I am clean and smell quite pleasantly floral, thank you very much.

PS Carey and I want to have lunch with you and Mizz Sez.

Swami said...

Lol Seana, I always thought a quiff was a loose woman! Turns out, it is also an unruley forelock. I think Deus would have more fun with my original definition.

Monsty I would love to have lunch with you and Carey. And speaking for Sez, I'm sure she would too. We could meet in Boston or Istanbul or somewhere. I know! The old NOLA French Quarter--before the deluge! Shrimp remoulade at Remoulade was the best shrimp dish I have ever had.

Bravie said...

I'm clean everyday. Michelle reminds me to shower. *grin*

Anonymous said...

I was surprisingly clean yesterday. Even taking my shower at 5 a.m., driving all freaking day and a little sweat didn't affect me.

I was so clean that it was a shame to put my hair in a cap. And my face was surprisingly not shiny at 5 p.m.

I just brushed and flossed, so I feel very clean today.