Monday, June 19, 2006

He Doesn't Play With Toys

My grandson that is. According to his mom all he likes to do is crunch numbers on his collection of calculators, do maze & connect the dot books and do art projects. What kind of kid doesn't play with toys?

10 comments:

Surveysez said...

Takes all kinds. Bet Bill Gates was that kind of kid.

mtw said...

LOL. My older DD never really played with toys. She used to play school all the time, and loved toy cash registers so she could play store. We used to save all the free bath products from hotels to giver her for her "store", then we'd buy them from her when we were out of something and needed it. She'd have prices on them and everything.

For gift occassions, we'd give her office supplies!

Younger DD loves toys and still plays with dolls occassionally. She's almost 13.

Bravie said...

Ooooh, a future millionaire.

mm said...

Heh. Sounds cute. :)

Jen said...

My nephew used to be obsessed with cell phones. It's all he wanted to play with. He still asks for our phones, but he's not as bad as he used to be.

momma said...

Not my kids...well...sort of. Give my two the choice between playing with toys or going outside to play with ... nothing, really, they will go play outside with nothing.

Kids are strange. It's not up to us to figure them out. We just have to nurture and lvoe them.

Coco said...

Yeah, I am no help. We have all sorts of fun stuff for my kid to play with, and what does he play with? Rocks. Sticks. He likes to do dishes.

Weird, I know.

Monstah said...

Meanwhile, I cannot seem to keep my hands off of All Stah's toys. Your grandson sounds very dreamy.

Swami said...

Maybe toys are too designed for adult appeal these days--safe, nurturing, PC, wholesome-citizen building toys.

I remember playing with toys all the time. I would take all the books out of a bookcase and 'build' a small world then fill it with my toy people and animals and, well, rule I guess. We had families, politics, wars and occasional natural disasters (bookfall, for instance.)

kim (weltek) said...

MTW, your daughter sounds like me! I loved office supplies & playing office, school and grocery store!

Me & a friend once played "bar" with the liquor at my parent's house. The wasted booze (we'd "mix drinks" and then pour them down the toilet) wasn't really appreciated.