You left for college a brilliant and rough-edged farm boy, with a wonderful smile:

And turned yourself into Joe Cool. 70s fashions were so over the top! This is Tom in 1971:

This is Tom in his Rutgers Letter Sweater. You were a walk-on going out for for football, and they put you on the 11th team. So in your sophomore year you dropped football and took up crew--where you made First Boat and wound up NCAA National Champion in 4-Man Heavy Crew.

Then you went to Madison to study accounting and become a Yippie. You always did pull off contradictions so well. I can't find a bearded Yippie picture just now. Darn! You accidently married the wrong woman for a couple of years but became a very successful CPA.
Then, we met and fell in love. But that's all back in my Meet Story.
Sometimes you're kind of goofy:

But you are always the shining sun at the center of my world. Wonderful man, wonderful father, wonderful husband. I love you more every day.

My sweetie, on vacation!
I love you, Tom.

8 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwww how sweet Swami! Love the Joe Cool pic *giggle*
Very handsome man.
Happy Birthday Tom!
P.S. I don't see any Part I.
Blogger got balky and it took me a minute to fight my way back in. It's there now, Nookie.
This is just a beautiful tribute. It brought tears to my eyes. I love how much you love each other. I hope I will be as lucky as you one day.
Happy Birthday Tom!
*smooches for all*
Oh, how lovely!
Happy Birthday, Tom!
Oh Swami! This is so sweet. makes me all warm & fuzzy inside.
*gasp* Tom went to Rutgers? Hmmm... he's walked on Joisey soil? How kewl! My brother went to Rutgers & my Brother-in-law, but I suppose it's not so weird to go to Rutgers when you live in Joisey.
What a babe!
Happy Birthday Tom!
I love this, Swami. Such a beautiful love you two share. That picture of him with the big smile is gorgeous. Handsome man you got there.
Happy Birthday Tom!
Happy Bday Tom! That top pic is pretty hottt. He has lovely dark features & a killer smile. I bet his smile melts you.
Post a Comment