1. Starting with a list so I can be all organized this year.
2. New Year's Resolution Lite: Do not ask Mr Swami to pick up KFC on his way home from work. He will screw it up. He has an irrational theory that fried chicken is fried chicken, so he wil pick up some chicken carp from a random grocery store or convenience store instead. It's not the same! Usually it is barely edible.
3. Holiday decorations are down & boxed. I miss them already, especially my angelic host.
4. The outside lights stay lit until the end of February because they make me happy on snowy, dark, colorless nights. Lots of Minnesotans light up the night well into February.
5. I am reorganizing my kitchen cupboards not because I am on a cleaning/organizing kick (perish the thought!) but because I want to move my big box of lock-tight plastic containers to a lower level and that sets up a major musical-chairs kitchen cupboard event.
6. Dark-eyed Juncos love me.
7. Before I could write this blog post I had to spend $68 on Amazon. And $66 at Petco online because they had a free shipping if you spend $60 event. Blogging is expensive!
8. I love my new Fry Baby deep fryer. So far I have made shrimp toast, wonton and more wonton. I like wonton.
9. Yesterday Mr Swami had an evening meeting and I was stuck in the house alone all day. Too cold to just go outside. Too broke to go random shopping. So I finished my newest Jeffry Deaver book - then I remembered that I got a whole little box of Frango chocolate mints for Xmas!!! So I ate chocolate for about an hour, lol.
10. If my gray cat continues to exhibit Winter Shut-in Madness Syndrome I am going to put her in a bucket and spin her overhead for a while. She finds this strangely soothing. I want somebody to do this to/for me but I don't have a bucket big enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What's a Junco?
I love looking at light displays all winter for that same reason.
Your cat is weird.
Totally agree about KFC. This week I bought a $2.50 clearance batch of fried chicken from our little grocery store deli...it was day old. We never eat the skin, so I figured we could have day old chicken one day and use the rest for soup, etc. Well, it was greasy and dry. Boo hiss. KFC is so much better. Although, I have had some tasty gas station broasted chicken before.
Oh-I would also like to note that I once worked at KFC and indeed got to bring home leftovers!
Dark-eyed Juncos are little wild birds from up north that winter down here in balmy Minnesota. They seem to love flax seed, and I have a little bag of old flax seed from my pantry that I am scattering on the deck one handful per day. The Juncos wait in a nearby bush for me.
The kitchen cupboard event is almost over & I like the new arrangement. The funnest part of a cupboard reorg is watching Mr Swami freak out. He doesn't handle relocated objects well. Sometimes he looks for things in the wrong place for years after they have moved.
1. Yay!
2. LOL. I try to never buy fried chicken. But you are correct. KFC is the best. Our local grocer has good chicken as well. When I do buy it for Conner, I often sneak a bite.
3. Done!
4. Outside lights are still up, but that's not my department.
5. I need to reorganize mine, but I would probably react the same as Mr. Swami.
6. Glad Kim asked first.
7. LOL. I could use Friday Night Lights seasons 3 and 4 if this happens again.
8. I like wonton too.
9. I have been reading the same book for 3 months now. i could use a day like tis.
10. LOL. Crazy Cat.
Do you hook the bucket to a ceiling fan? *head tilt* I'm trying to picture this.
KFC does indeed rule; however if you ever find a Royal Farms gas station, you do need to sample their fried chicken. Wonderful! The best part is KFC and Royal Farms are at the same intersection, so I just have to decide which one to visit.
My outside lights are still up and I'm the only one on the street still lighting them at night. For some reason this part of the world takes down decorations by New Years. It bums me out.
I'd like to be spun around in a bucket, too.
I had to google "dark-eyed junco."
Holiday lights on dark winter days and nights are beautiful.
Today, Jan. 14, is organize your home day. I've been organzing, but it's terrible to try to find something that's not in the spot it's been in for many years.
Swami? You out there somewhere?
Post a Comment