Lately, I swear too much - and I blame the interwebs and bleeped reality TV. Before those things I hardly ever swore. Now I drop f-bombs at home routinely and I'm afraid one is going to slip out in a socially inappropriate setting.
Okay - really I'm afraid that one day I will be a senile old woman, cussing & ranting my wheelchair and no one will want me around because of my nasty foul mouth. So I have decided to extinguish my swearing impulse before it is too late. Which is
fu freaking hard! Who knew bad words would want out so much?
Yours Truly,
The Renewed, Refined Swami.
5 comments:
I know what you mean. I went through a period like that recently. I've gotten slightly better since then, but still let the F bomb slip a little too easily.
Good effing luck.
I was very good this weekend, even though I had the trial of spending time with my least favorite sister-in-law.
I used to have a very clean mouth, but have realized that swear words pop out of my mouth these days, before I can even stop them. I blame old age.
I, too, am trying to clean up my language.
Refined restrained Silvergirl
When I was a kid, "lousy" was a swear word. These days, I think them, but I don't say them aloud. Well, I do say "lousy."
LOL, Puffy. Pretty sure "lousy" wasn't a swear word in our house. My dad did a lot of very precise work in our trophy shop and restored antique trucks. Therefore, REAL swear words were modeled often by him. I vividly recall a large engraved plate for a plaque (almost complete, lest one mistake) come flying across the basement one time. In his defense, he worked a 7-5 job, then came home and worked in the trophy shop. My nerves would be fried, too.
Post a Comment