Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wined, Dined, Poisoned

Anybody who wants to eat outside naked is invited to my place today for for a Put Yer Ass in the Grass Outdoor BBQ!

My nearest neighbor, who's house I can barely see through the trees from my family room sliding door is hosting her son's Groom's Dinner in a big, rented tent in her backyard tonight. Or maybe it's called a pavillion - I dunno. Anyway, the tent is closer to my property so I can see most of it quite clearly.

About an hour ago I was watching a couple of guys poking around in the bushes by the treeline that seperates our properties & wondered what they were doing. A few minutes later I smelled a strong chemical odor, then a minute after that I could taste the same odor. At which point I identified it as an insecticide.

Holy crap! She is pretty far away, and the air is dead still. I have no idea how much poison she must have contracted to have sprayed in her yard but it was way overkill! I had to close my patio door. TG my child-bearing years are over! Sheesh!

Bad news - I have been poisoned.
Good news - no mosquitos this summer!

2 comments:

Puffy said...

I hope the smell is still there when she has the party and that the guests are overcome by it.

kim (weltek) said...

Ick! It's like Chris came over and sprayed (he's a big over-dooer). :-)

I absolutely think you should do something silly just to see if anyone is snooping. Pretend you are leading a marching band in your yard, talk to a tree, you know-something really looney.