Tuesday, June 01, 2010

No title

1. I am not in the mood to think of a title.

2. This weekend I learned about the Undy 500. How did I not know about this idiocy until now? Lol. Nothing is funnier than a bar full of HOGs wearing ladies undies over their jeans. Locally it's a contest to see who can collect the most "freely donated" women's undies. On saturday Mr Swami talked to a guy who had collected 125 pairs! He must be one very smooth talker. If you Google Undie 500 you get all kinds of variations - but here the way it works (I think) is for every pair of undies a HOG is gifted he has to give a pair of brand new underwear to charity.

3. Recently I have started to email with a woman who was my friend waaaay back in 9th & 10th grade, then moved & was lost to me until now. We found each other on Classmates. This is very fun and I can't wait for her next email.

4. I just got a quickie haircut from Great Clips, and it looks pretty good! Now that I am old I don't spend big bucks on my hair anymore. No more full head foils and precision cuts,lol. I am all wash, toss and go these days.

5. Memorial Day weekend was good. Had a family BBQ on Sunday and a picnic with Mr Swami on Monday. I am into no-prep picnics these days. We bought some really nice wraps at Kowalski's deli, some chips, pop & juice - voila! Picnic. We went to Harriet Island in St Paul and looked at the Mississippi River instead of our usual picnic & look at the St Croix River.

6. I BBQed portobello mushrooms with a recipe I got off the internet and loved them! This is very amazing because I hate mushrooms! Now I want to make them again. I grilled asparagus for the first time too. Also very yummy.

That's all I got.

4 comments:

yvonne said...

1. Titles are a pain. Mine are boring and not so creative.

2. Undy 500? Funny! Never heard of it.

3. Reconnecting is fun.

4. I used to do Hair Cuttery years ago, and I swear the best hair cut I ever got was from there. I went back to find the same girl and she had left for another salon. Never did find her.

5. We had the best weather this past weekend. Had a fantastic porterhouse steak on the grill. I love mushrooms a lot (just had some for dinner) and think you should link to the yummy recipe. *hint hint*

Anonymous said...

1. I have a hard time with titles too.

2. LOL. That is pretty good.

3. I was on Classmates a while back, but everyone went to Facebook, and I refuse to pay Classmates.

4. I am growing my hair out again. I loved it short, but it was too much maintenance. I will go July 7 for a cut, and that will be 14 weeks from my previous cut. I no longer dye or tint or highlight either. I still pay a little much - $38 - but I like my girl.

5. We went to the pool on Memorial Day, and it was great because Conner is now at the age where he can play by himself. He has lots of friends from school there. So now I get to read again. Yay! Your picnic sounds perfect.

6. You need to post the recipe.

Puffy said...

I'd love to get in touch with some old classmates. Memorial Day BBQ's are just the start of the good ol' summertime. I like the "undy 500."

kim (weltek) said...

I'm in love with the Undy 500. *snort*

I also just went to Great Clips last month. I was pleased.

I also love portabella/o mushrooms on the grill. I often order grilled portabella sandwiches at restaurants.

I'm with ya on the easy picnics. Picnics should not be work.