1. Your Stimulus Dollars are finally resurfacing the road I use to get into town. I wasn't sure if you would get it done before winter, but you are. So thank you!
2. I am getting about 3 Christmas catalogs in the mail every day now. I love them! I go through each one and carefully fold down the page corner when I find something I really want/need. Okay - want. Sometimes I will find 10 or 12 things in each one! Then I throw the catalogs away.
3. They are trying to ruin Splenda! (I put 2 Splenda packets into my morning mug of coffee; it is an essential on my shopping list.) Yesterday as I was tossing the box of packets into my cart I noticed that it said "now with fiber" and had a whole little front-of-box spiel about how most people don't get enough fiber. So I flipped the box over & checked the ingredients. The "fiber" they are adding is corn cellulose, which I assume is the crap left over after they have squeezed everything else out of the corn kernal. Or maybe it is just the cobs - who knows? One thing I do know is that I do NOT want another source of corn by-product in my diet! Corn is evil! I did find that the smaller boxes were still corn-free so bought 2 smaller boxes. Phew!
4. Mr Swami has requested more outdoor Christmas lights this year. I almost fell off my chair! This is the man who hates putting up lights. However, he did replace a bunch of fence posts this summer and he wants to run a string of lights along the topline of the fence. All the better to admire his new posts I guess.
5. Oh! Bonus on the newly surfaced road! I can listen to my car's CD player again. I gave up on it a year ago because the endless potholes made every CD skip like crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
1. Our road is being resurfaced too! Yay for the Stimulus!
2. Love Christmas catalogs! I do the same thing. I use those little post it note flaggie things to mark what I want. Then sometime around the middle of January I throw them out.
3. *shakes fist at the fiber bastards* I don't use Splenda but I'm on your side, Swami.
4. Can I borrow Mr. Swami to put up my outdoor lights?
5. YAY!
I'm ready for resurfaced roads. The current roads are rough on tires. I enjoy the Sky Mall catalogs on airplanes. Fiber in splenda; sugar in fiber. They're getting us all mixed up.
Post a Comment