Friday, November 20, 2009

Easy Friday

Mr Swami has the day off so we slept in really late. He made me breakfast in bed. :)

Now we are putting up Christmas lights & wreathes & snowflakes. We need to buy some outdoor timers this year. In previous years we just used one of those click-on things with the little remote - but this year I think we will just switch to a couple of timers and be done with it. We need two timers because we have stuff on both sides of our driveway and this is the easiest way to be sure we never suck up an extension cord in our snowblower. Tom tried that last year and while it was a very exciting 2 seconds of his life he doesn't want to do it again!


Now we are loading up some old electronics to take to the County site. Old TV, old Brother All-in-One, etc. Our plan is to make the third garage parkable again. For some reason the third garage became a dumping ground a few years ago.

Fifty degrees and beautiful in MN!

4 comments:

Tummy said...

Yay for timers. I love, love, love outside lights. We never had outside lights when I was a kid. In fact, we didn't have outside lights until Bre was about 12. Rob took the day off and did them and then picked me up. I didn't know he'd done that until we were driving on the road our house was on and I said - ohhh, look how pretty. Then realized it was our house and cried. :)

kim (weltek) said...

Why does my mind automatically go into the gutter with you? I assumed there'd be a "nod nod wink wink" after "made me breakfast in bed." :-)

I'm actually excited about Christmas decorating this year. No idea why.

Puffy said...

Ah, yes. The third garage storage unit. I have one of those.

yvonne said...

I have a one garage storage unit, and I swear on all that is holy and good that I will clean it out for car parkage before the first snow. I refuse to spend my mornings clearing off my car. Up until this year I was always relegated to the driveway. Now I rule the garage and my car will be snug and cozy. *IF* I can find the time to clear out the stupid garage.

Take pics of the decorations! I love outside decorations.