Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Disaster Avoided!

Whew! I have spent the past week searching for my address book. I love my address book! It has all my secret passwords & personal stuff in it, and a few phone #s and addresses that I don't have stored anywhere online - so losing it was a disaster!

I always keep it in the same spot in our home office. Sometimes it will be briefly left by another telephone but it is never just arbitrarily stuck someplace. Tom knows where I keep it and he is positively anal about putting stuff like that where it belongs if he finds it in a wrong place. Yet somehow? When we re-organized the family room (moving most of the furniture) my address book wound up hiding between paperback books that I read years ago, on a bottom shelf of a large bookcase. I'm sure I did it. It did not "hide" on its own. *whacks self in head*

This is what it's going to be like getting old, isn't it? Losing your own stuff to random inconsistencies. *cries*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can blame me if you want. My husband always blames me for missing things.

Does this mean you found your facebook password?

kim (weltek) said...

Whew! My address book only has addresses in it, and I could recreate those pretty easily through family and friends.

My boss found her brother's car keys in the back of the silverware drawer last week. She knows she put them there, as she was the one using his car that week.

Boo-I share your pain. Although he's doing it a lot less since he's been proven wrong so many times.

yvonne said...

I can't blame Dad any more for misplaced/missing things. I have to own up to my own random inconsistencies. *cries w/swami*

Puffy said...

Yes, this is what it's like to be getting old. All my "older" friends tell me this. I've been thinking of getting a brand new, blank phone book to fill up again. I always write in pencil, but it still has more wrong things in there than right things.