Today my baby boy turns 24. Yikes! I'm not even saying how old my oldest is, lol. (Her birthday was the 15th.) We celebrated son's bday this weekend and got him a ice cream cake from DQ - his perennial request. I think that's his request because I don't particularly like ice cream cake so the chances of me stealing an extra slice is exactly zero and the cake will be his all his!
I've been trying to figure out the nature of my likely craziness. I can see Evil Sister's craziness & faults very clearly. (She's hyper-controlling and the queen of passive-aggressive back-stabs.) Other sister is also a bit nuts (non-conforming?) but in ways that are rarely if ever focused on me. So I figure I must have some similar flaws. Mr Swami refuses to discuss this issue with me, which is both reassuring and worrying.
Today I am doing my first Thanksgiving shopping trip - all the non-perishables. I hate shopping when the holiday zombie shoppers are blocking the aisles looking for stuff they only buy once a year. Usually the zombies are a husband & wife with a cart parked between them and they cluelessly block the entire width of the aisle while trying to decide whether pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin puree are the same thing, and what is the difference between condensed & evaporated milk.
I bought outdoor LED lights from Lowe's yesterday. The truly amazing thing about this is that Outdoor Light Grinch Mr Swami specifically asked me to! He did a lot of work this fall replacing some fence posts near our driveway - now he wants a 100ft light string along the top of the fence so everyone can admire his lovely posts. Okay by me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Happy Birthday, SwamiBoy! Ice cream cake in November is indeed special.
Don't try too hard to figure our your own crazy. Part of being crazy is not knowing that you're crazy. You run the risk of losing it if you find it. (Something about that statement is either really wise or really stupid.)
I agree with you on the grocery store zombies. They always park their overpacked cart right in front of some highly sought-after item while scanning the shelves for something else. Or, my personal pet peeve, they pause their cart in the dead center of the aisle and then stand there staring at the shelves in such a way that you can't get around them. They also don't have the grocery store "pattern" down so they're zig-zagging all over the store.
I rarely shop with Mr. Fro. I quite enjoy grocery shopping and prefer to do it all by myself.
Mr. Fro was talking about putting up Christmas lights while the weather is still nice. Not sure if he'll actually do it.
*admires Mr. Swami's posts*
The grocery store was everything I feared it would be, but I got everything on my list!
For some strange reason they had huge, gorgeous pecan halves for $7.49/lb while their (rather sad looking) chopped pecan pieces were $10.99/lb. This makes no sense to me.
Also if a recipe calls for chopped pecans what kind of idjit would not buy the lovely, fresh halves and chop them?
I have toasted pecan pieces in my stuffing.
Most importantly, do you admire Mr. Swami's post?
Happy Birthday to SwamiBoy!
We must be related; our sisters are the same person.
Um, yeah, it's a list.
1. Happy Birthday to your son. Don't tell him, but I would gladly take your slice.
2. I'm going to agree with Frody. I know I'm crazy, which likely means I'm really not and everyone else is.
3. This reminds me of this past Saturday. I needed to go to the store and was forced to go to Kroger - with my husband and son. Triple whammy. I don't normally mind Kroger if I just have to get a few things. I don't know where anything is in that store. At my store, I know where everything is.
4. The lights thing is a touchy subject with me. Michael seems to have gone a little crazy with lights. I didn't mind when he went overboard on the back deck. But then he put these extra lights on my front rails and it turned my classic look into, well, I'm not sure what.
Yes Puffy, I admire Mr Swami's post. And his expertise at putting it in.
Is your evil sister older or younger? Mine is older which means she was able to mess with me pretty much at will during our childhood.
Boo, please send Michael to my house. He can do me front, back and sideways - I love Christmas lights!!!
My evil sister is older, of course. She will ALWAYS be older, ha ha. Boo's Michael will do you front, back and sideways? What about Mr. Swami's post? I'm puzzled.
Post a Comment