Monday, July 21, 2008

Corn Syrup Bad.

This weekend Mr. Swami and I wound up having breakfast at McDonalds because we were in a hurry and couldn't think of anywhere else. I like their sausage biscuits. I take out the icky yellow fried egg thing, give it to Mr. Swami, then eat my improved little sandwich.

This time, however, Mr. Swami had some kind of BOGO coupon for a cinnamon bun jumble thing. I like cinnamon buns, so I happily tried one. It tasted nice and cinnamon-y although the cinnamon / icing stuff was kind of strange. When I was 3/4 done I had a sudden, whole-body rush that was very uncomfortable. You know, like when you have a near-miss car accident or something and the adrenalin rush makes your whole body ache? Yeah, well I get that reaction sometimes from a major dose of corn syrup. I hate corn syrup! Hate it! That cinnamon bun must have been swimming in 10x corn syrup.

Why can't they bring back sugar? We are all being slowly poisoned with this stupid, by-product substance!

5 comments:

Swami said...

(TMI)

Also? It's a good thing Mr. Swami carries Imodium AD in his briefcase. Even though it officially expired in May 2007 the little Imodium pill got me through the rest of my day.

Stupid corn syrup.

Anonymous said...

LOL.

I have been grateful for Immodium plenty of times, and I believe once it too had expired.

lights said...

I carry Immodium in my pack sack at all times.

I love corn syrup. On a plate and dip toast in it.

I do not believe these to statements are related.

Tummy said...

I guess pecan pies are a complete no-no then. So sad :)

I used to love the taste of Immodium, I don't use it much now though.

Puffy said...

I don't think the expiration dates on medications mean much.