Monday, December 13, 2010

B.Y.O.S.

Bring Your Own Shovel. That was the only way to get to a holiday show in St Paul Sunday night. The 17+ inch snowfall was mostly cleared from the roads - but left piled 3 to 5 feet high along the sides of the road and blocking access to crosswalks from every single sidewalk. Which is how I discovered that I am still able to climb a small dam of plowed snow - but then I get stuck on top, lol. My bad knees let me go up okay but coming down is a whole other and much scarier story. All praises to Mr Swami with his steady hand and shoulder, and to DD's partner for his steady hand and shoulder. It was kind of a group project getting me across the 3 intersections we needed to cross in order to reach the Landmark Center.

As always - The Klingon Christmas Carole was entertaining.

Also? I love my new scarf. So warm!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been watching the MN adventures in snow with sympathy and a little laughter (come on, the Metrodome fiasco was just waiting for us Wisconsinites to poke fun).

Stay well and warm. What color and material is the new scarf? I finally bought a longer soft one. All my other cute ones were shorter than I wanted. This is one that's warm enough to wear out and cute enough to keep on at a bar, etc. when I take off my coat.

kim (weltek) said...

Oops-that was me, weltek. I was looking at a Google map of my hubby's earlier and didn't sign out.

Swami said...

I actually thought Chris was commenting until he asked about the color & material of the scarf! Lol.

The last time(s) the Dome collapsed I worked in a tall building (Phillips Wangenstein) at the U of MN and could look down at the poor, deflated little thing.

My scarf is a vanilla off-white, some kind of acrylic blend (I don't do wool) made with thick, square knots. Very warm and wind resistant.

kim (weltek) said...

I guarantee Chris would not have been asking about your scarf. :-) The knots sound sturdy and yes, wind resistant.

Puffy said...

Brrrrr. I'm amazed that you cold-weather folks don't let the weather get you down and keep you inside for 7 months out of the year.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I thought Chirs was some new bloggy friend.

Keep your snow!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I thought Chirs was some new bloggy friend.

Keep your snow!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I thought Chirs was some new bloggy friend.

Keep your snow!

yvonne said...

Hmmm, Boo triple-posted. Wonder if she got snockered on egg nog and went blogging. LOL!

But seriously...we're getting hit with snow now and I'm pretty sure I'll be shoveling the driveway early tomorrow so I can get to work. *sigh*

And! My brother send me a really nice scarf for Christmas. And he didn't even have SIL pick it out for me. I was very impressed.