I'm still here - where else would I be?
I had a little ER thing, but I'm fine. Then I had an almost-flu which was annoying. Then I felt grumpy for a while. Then my other mother (childhood BF's mother) passed away and I was sad. You're always sad, even when the person has led a good long life and passed fairly easily. Still sad.
Now my daughter from NY & grandson are here for Thanksgiving. She will do the cooking for everyone, being a better cook in general. First time I haven't made a Thanksgiving dinner since the 70s, lol. I'm looking forward to it.
The only complication for turkey day is that daughter isn't fond of my sister - who thinks she is daughter's beloved auntie. So I need time off from cooking to keep all the family drama balanced & happy. Daughter is also splitting up with her husband of about 15 years (he stayed in NY) and moving to Arizona in January so lots to think about there.
Tom is fine. Had a big fight with our bank which started charging a fee for some kind of account transfer thing he did almost every day. So he had to bang desks or something and make them reverse the fees, then restructure our our finance stuff to be fee-free. Until the bank figures out how to charge fees for the new set-up. I hate banks. Even though I'm married to a banker-type person (he works for a bank holding company, not a commercial bank) I still hate banks.
Now I have to go play cards with the grandson. I am teaching him Railroad Canasta - the biggest, baddest canasta there is! He is pretty good at chess too. Soon he will be beating me at that. Even when I'm trying, lol.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
XOX <-- a Swami rarity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well, well. Look who the turkey dragged in. I've played Mexican railroad dominoes a couple of times. I'm sorry to hear about your dear "other mother." You're lucky to have had a relationship like that. I'm also sorry to hear about your daughter's marriage break-up. I hope things go easily for your grandson. Maybe you'll visit them in Arizona, which is only a hop-skip-and-a-jump from me!
I hate bank fees, too. I hate all fees. However, I'm glad that you're back!
The Today Show had a story about bank fees this morning. Amazing.
*hugs* to Swami
Glad to see you alive and kicking.
Puffy - I saw the same report and am now very concerned that my bank is going to start charging a fee for debit card use. I wear out my debit card from using it so much. :( Maybe I could borrow Mr. Swami to give them a talkin' to!
Horray! Glad to see you!
Sorry life has been chaotic and filled with some crappity crap.
Mr. Swami is a badass. I bet you like it when he's all badass.
Thank goodness you checked in. I thought I was going to have to post your picture on a milk carton.
Hope you enjoyed time with your family.
XOX back atcha!
Post a Comment