Because I've been random so long I forget what normal feels like.
1. I had coffee and cashews for breakfast, because it was easy.
2. Our airport (MSP) has announced it is going to get those "see through your clothing" scanners soon. So if I write 'Hi Mom' on my boob in metallic marker will I get in trouble with TSA?
3. RIP Misty May. My gang of 4 older parakeets (aka The Olympians) are starting to die off. First Jingjing bit it, now Misty May. I fear Phelps is next.
4. I can't wait for the Olympics & Survivor & TAR! So much stuff to watch!
5. I bought the best Indian cookbook ever at a Barnes & Noble in Fargo. Interestingly, it is actually called The Best Ever Indian Cookbook. What a coincidence! Mostly I don't recommend Indian cookbooks; this one I do!
6. I played cards with my sister this afternoon. Now that she is not living with me I can enjoy her company once again.
7. She is a little freaked because someone died in her building last night. This is the great downside of a Senior Living Center. Sometimes, it's a Senior dieing center too.
8. Dieing or dying? They both look funny. I think it's dying.
9. KFC for supper. I told the cashier 3x that I wanted 2 orders of coleslaw and zero mashed potatoes. So of course she gave me mashed potatoes & gravy which I don't want. Hopefully Tom will eat that when he finally gets home from his late meeting.
10. I ate a dark chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup for the first time today. Didn't like it. The dark chocolate was fine but the peanut better taste was not intense enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I thought of you in Minnesota and North Dakota when I heard that it snowed in 49 of the 50 states today. All all the parakeets named after Olympians? I am so psyched about TAR and Survivor, too! I was going to blog about it, but I never got around to it.
Yes Puffy. Little tiny birds, great BIG egos. Well - they are all named for Olympians except Tweedledum and Tweedledee, who I can't tell apart unless they are sitting right beside each other and hold still. Which almost never happens.
Sorry to hear about Misty. I had parakeets but gave them away when I moved to Florida. Fred and Ethel. I loved them, but they didn't really care for me too much.
I had cashews for dinner last night, also because it was easy.
Watched TAR last night! Laughed my arse off. The Cowboys, Team Teen Beauty Queen, Team Big Brother, Gay and Not gay Brothers...what a hoot!
I'm actually watching Survivor again so I can have Colby and Fireman Tom in my living room again!
I will eat your mashed potatoes and dark choc Reese's. We almost had KFC this weekend, but hit Q'doba instead. They have new "healthier" options in "pick two" combos.
Yep, it's "dying," and it is a downside of living there. :-( Glad you can enjoy sis's company again, though!
I love your Olympian names. Sorry Misty May is gone. *hugs* Perhaps Misty May kicked it, knowing the winter Olympics are upon us and you'd be itching to get a new bird.
I've only dabled in Indian cooking. If I gear up for it, I'll check out that cookbook!
I saw this yesterday but could respond before someone interrupted me.
1. If I had both coffee and cashews for breakfast, I'd be in big trouble. My stomach would be "uneasy."
2. We have one of those fancy scanners at ours in Richmond - the kind that can detect fluids. I'm not sure if that's the same one.
3. I'm so sorry. RIP Misty. Both Misty May and Phelps remind me of mine and Kim's 3-Day Boston trip because it was during the Olympics, and we were all fans.
4. Me too. But I do miss first-runs of everything else.
5. I will take your word for it. I've got that whole curry issue.
6. Yay for a good sister visit.
7. I have a feeling it always ends up a dying center.
8. LOL. I'm pretty certain it's dying. But I swear I actually had this thought the other day on my plane when I was convincing myself that I was going to die. And I thought, "Isn't it odd, that the spelling changes when you add the 'ing.'"
9. I don't like either of theirs. I would have chosed green beans and baked beans. Then I would have been in the same trouble as having cashews and coffee.
10. It does sound good.
4.
Oh, another thing. I met a man in my class last week from Minnesota. I told him I had a friend who lived in Minnesota and mentioned your town name, since it's such a unique name (kind of like Augie's town). He said, "That's a very nice area. How do you know your friend?" I started laughing and explained. Then I said, "the internet is not always a dangerous place to meet people." And then he told me his daughter met her husband on the internet.
I remembered your curry-hating issues, Boo. And yet you like Mexican food well enough don't you? So I have diagnosed your curry-hate problem as a dislike of coriander &/or turmeric &/or fenugreek. Therefore *I* could make you an Indian dish without those ingreds and you might even decide to eat it. :)
My town has a very good rep in MN.
LOL. I do like Mexican as long as it's not too hot.
Post a Comment